Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Water Leak inside my Gopro hero 7 black.

I just bought the new gopro hero 7 black on the 8th of july and used it only 3 times. Yesterday i was snorkeling using the case that comes with the gopro (the black plastic one) and it was freezing whilst in water. When i returned home i realised that when i opened the side door of the usb there was salt water inside and some corrosion. It was very strange because i always make sure and double check that the doors are sealed properly before i put in the water. Later that day i also found out that the USB side door was not locking properly when i was closing it, i realised this because when i was sliding the door to open, even when i was not pressing the button , the door was sliding open very easily. Could this be a manufacturing defect? As i said i only used the camera 3 times and i only found water in the usb door, the battery door works perfectly and no water entered. Thanks

I was also snorkeling not diving, i was not going deeper than 3 meters.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Water Leak inside my Gopro hero 7 black.

Hi @loyalflame2847

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO7 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing. 
While water damage is usually not covered by the warranty, let our Support Team take a look at what happened. 
You may reach out to them by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

can just be.  if you  are sliding the door alone no button press, that  can be you were not   sliding hard enough for the click or listening/hearing for it . and guessed it was closed.

gopro does not warrant water, but warrants defects.  If hte Retailer is where you got it from and not of GoPro I try the return  ifgopro was the retailer I hope they RMA no questions ask.

if you taken out hte Plus pkg  no worries you are covered twice a year, something I did not do and wished I did for 60.00 a year.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @loyalflame2847

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO7 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing. 
While water damage is usually not covered by the warranty, let our Support Team take a look at what happened. 
You may reach out to them by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej