Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Water Damaged Go Pro 5

My Go Pro Hero 5 was damaged due to a water leak. What should I do? The device is still under warranty.

We were just about to go for a quick swim by the beach but before we got into deep waters, we tried to use our Go Pro near the shore. The water was well below our waists when we tried turning it on while being submerged but to no avail. We quickly rushed to our cottage to remove the camera from its mounting and discovered that the battery compartment was wet and it seemed to be the most probable cause of failure. The lcd in front of the camera also suddenly showed water droplets upon inspection on dry land.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Water Damaged Go Pro 5

Hello @grandpeak73227,

Sorry to hear about what happened to your camera. Let our Support team assist you with the case. You can get in touch with them through phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @grandpeak73227,

Sorry to hear about what happened to your camera. Let our Support team assist you with the case. You can get in touch with them through phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi Marius!

I trired your suggestion. Does this usually happen (See attached screenshot)? I'm reading that the chat service is closed even though it says right beside it that chat support is available 24 hours a day (how ironic) and I tried and can't start a conversation.

Screenshot_1.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @grandpeak73227

Thank you for trying to contact Support. The Chat support is available during business hour - that would be between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time, from Monday to Friday. Please try again. 

Best regards, 
Mariuis