Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Warranty return

I just wanted to see what else might be out there or get an answer for sure - I have a return set up (have all the documentation, labels, etc) for a warranty return but was told that GoPro would ship a replacement out and then I'd return the defective one. Reading here that some have to be sent in first before one is sent out and others sent first. I've checked the order status and it still says pending and it was a week ago that this was started.

Not sure on if I should send it in to have it dissapear because it won't be fixed and won't be sent back. 

Adventurer

Re: Warranty return

You set up for  a replacement. gopro won;t ship first, Who ever told you gopro ships first, should have correctly told you they do not, call 855-635-3578 and confirm that is MHO

Hiker

Was pretty sure that was the case anyways, just was curious - worried that they were wrong and telling me "what I would like to hear" and then I'm just out a GoPro.

GoPro

Hi @foggyboost53682,

Please try to verify it with a customer support representative. 

They always ask for camera first so that they can check and once they receive it on their warehouse they send the replacement out. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Adventurer

I am postive that was the case.   There are companies out there that will simply take your word and ship out products and tell you to toss or keep the old stuff.   WHen you do ship back for a replacement all you need to do is ship the camera only no battery no cable. because you get exactl that back a camera.

Hiker

I had sent a message to the original person that I was working with, just hadn't heard anything back yet. But I did send the camera only back today. I'm glad that they are tkaing the time to verify and stay on top of their product and support. just one of those confusing things and then having to wait a week becasue I wasn't sure what was going on, that I could have been back out!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @foggyboost53682,

Sorry to know that.

I'm not sure but I think they don't have capabilities to reply to email. 

It would be best to contact them via phone or chat and provide the case number so that they can check and follow up.

Regards,

-Jay

Adventurer

As long as you have a RMA, your case number, proof you sent it in you are golden, also  do not forget Holiday time , thanks giving postal delays.    I am sure it will work out  just fine  Gopro is pritty good on  taking care of customers.