Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

WIFi Connection

[ New ]

Hi , 

I am trying to connect my GoPro 8 to my wifi in order to downloads the videos to the cloud, and everyting I enter the password of the Wifi the camera tells me not able to connect, try again later. 

I tried the owners manual and is not that helpfull for this issue.

Can you please help?

Javier

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: WIFi Connection

[ New ]

Hi @thornoughton

Your camera uses Wi-Fi connection when paired with the GoPro app.

When the connection is active, your phone will switch to the camera's information.

You may also check What is Bluetooth Connectivity? How Does it Differ From Wi-Fi?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

So please note that Wifi is a communication protocal.

Your GoPro Hero 8 uses Wifi to communicate with the GoPro App for Android or the GoPro App for iOS and that's it.

You should follow the on screen instructions within the app for connecting your GoPro to your phone or tablet.

Hiker

[ New ]

I would love to know why my camera seems to keep switching my phones home wifi off when it 'tries' to connect, most of the time unsuccessfully??!
Its very annoying. Is this a common thing for Gopros?? ( Im a new Gopro user/buyer who just got the Hero8 Black)

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @thornoughton

Your camera uses Wi-Fi connection when paired with the GoPro app.

When the connection is active, your phone will switch to the camera's information.

You may also check What is Bluetooth Connectivity? How Does it Differ From Wi-Fi?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej