Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

WIFI ISSUES GOPRO 3

[ Edited ]

Hi GOPRO,

HD*****************1

please send updates for this gopro 3 I CANT CONNECT TO THE WIFI

I have tired everything.

celso.denobrega@gmail.com

Please update these firmware and wifi files. They havent been updated in years. 

I have updated and formatted my gopro hero 3 black numerous times. 

Kind regards,

Cels

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: WIFI ISSUES GOPRO 3

Hello @celsodn23,  When you unzip the downloaded UPDATE.zip folder, a new UPDATE folder is created. @aragon1006 meant that only the files in the extracted folder (and not the whole folder itself) should be copied to the SD card. But if the GoPro camera successfully went through the update process, all is good. 

It is odd that the Wi-Fi still does not work though. In this case, it would be best to engage our Support team for further assistance. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . You may also direct them to this thread for reference. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @celsodn23

Instructions are also listed on link for the firmware update and Wi-Fi reset.

Please make sure to format the SD card before proceeding. **Save/backup important files.

Make sure to copy the UPDATE files to the root of your SD card.

DO NOT copy the UPDATE folder.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi buddy, 

Thanks for the reply.

Please explain "

Make sure to copy the UPDATE files to the root of your SD card.

DO NOT copy the UPDATE folder."

What do you mean with the update folder? When I unzip the update files do I simply copy them on the SD card? The gopro updates fine. 

Wifi just does not work. 

Kind regards,

Celso

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @celsodn23,  When you unzip the downloaded UPDATE.zip folder, a new UPDATE folder is created. @aragon1006 meant that only the files in the extracted folder (and not the whole folder itself) should be copied to the SD card. But if the GoPro camera successfully went through the update process, all is good. 

It is odd that the Wi-Fi still does not work though. In this case, it would be best to engage our Support team for further assistance. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . You may also direct them to this thread for reference. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!