Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: WE CAN'T CONNECT YOUR FUSION !!!

[ New ]

I know my current phone isn't mentioned, but I went ahead and deleted the work-around from my OnePlus 5T and tried to connect it again as a fusion. Surprise! The road block is gone. It's allowing me to connect. At first it behaved like a glorified smart remote (no live view, over capture or sharing) so I was about to go back to the hero 6 work-around which had all those features, but I updated the camera firmware and BANG! Most everything is working. I have live view, overcapture, sharing options for FB and instagram.... everything but GPS data. But as I understand no one on android has that feature. (yet???)

The only issue I have now is connecting. I'm getting a pretty common "Something went wrong" error when I attempt to connect. When that happens all I have to do is force quit the app, restart the fusion and try again. 

Still.... facing glitches because my specific device isn't officially supported is MUCH better than flat being denied the option to try. Especially when we know the device actually has the potential to function. I'll take glitches over road blocks any day. 

Screenshot_20180903-084108.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

@Anonymous

Have you updated the firmware on your fusion? I had the same issue as you on my OnePlus 5T. Updating the firmware fixed the problem for me. I still get the occasional "something went wrong" error, but when I do get it to connect I've got full control.

No guarantee that will work for everyone, but hopefully it works for you as it did for me. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Appreciate you posting an update, @grayrange31856. Glad to know that it is working now. And, yes, GPS functionality will be coming to GoPro App for Android soon. Cheers!

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya, any word on when we will be able to use the GPS data in Fusion studio? I know android isn't the forte for GoPro, so I know it's always the last to get a feature....  but it's a little odd that the packaging and everything hypes GPS, yet even the desktop Fusion studio app can do nothing with it. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @grayrange31856

We do not have information about it yet. What we know so far is that for Fusion footage, GPS performance stickers can be added to standard videos created in OverCapture. Other members mentioned being able to extract GPS data from Fusion videos via RaceRender.  We will definitely keep you posted once the feature becomes available in Fusion Studio. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]

Yes, the firmware is the latest, I believe there is not yet support for the Exynos 8895  chips in the phone, that is the issue, Only Qualcomm chip support as used in the USA.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I would like to buy GOPro Fusion for my trip next week.

But sadly my phone Note8 (N950F/DS) not support. Smiley Sad

N8 not support.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Has anyone got any further with this issue? I can connect the fusion to my S8 app by using the hero6 black setting, everything works but I dont get a live preview.

It still wont connect at all if I select Fusion.......surely this could have been sorted by now on a £600+ camera

bad form GoPro

Tourist

[ New ]

Well I guess its all about the hero 7 now, they're not interested in Fusion owners......cheers gopro

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @garym38167

What is the model version of you S8?

Here is a list of models currently supported:

Galaxy S8 / S8+
SC-02J, SCV36, SM-G950W, SM-G9500, SM-G9508, SM-G950U, SM-G950U1, SM-G892A, SC-03J, SCV35, SM-G955W, SM-G9550, SM-G955U, SM-G955U1

Connecting the Fusion camera by choosing HERO6 Black is only a work around.

Thanks!

Ej

Anonymous

[ New ]
Dear Ej ,
Is there going to be any progress on OTHER android models. My and others have waited long enough for proper support.

When ?

Anonymous

[ New ]
Dear Ej ,
Is there going to be any progress on OTHER android models. Myself and others have waited long enough for proper support.

Tourist

[ New ]

950F so I have to just put up with it?

brilliant

Anonymous

[ New ]

After GOPRO HERO 7 launch and GoPro app mobile update.

Finally my Note8 can connect , controll and edit VDO from Fusion. 

GoPro

[ New ]

That is great news, @Anonymous. Thank you for posting back to share. 

@garym38167 and @Anonymous, how about on your end? Is the issue still the same even with the latest GoPro App (Current Version: 5.0.7533).  Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes!!!!!!! Brilliant!

Anonymous

[ New ]

@mariustanyaThanks, Yes, getting somewhere now.

OK, I can connect to the fusion, it has live display although somewhat low resolution, the connection drops after a while and the App will not reconnect. You have to close it , reopen it and connect.

OK , next problem, I saved a few Photo and a video from the camera/App, BUT it does not show up in the phone anywhere, did a search of the phone files, nothing, no mention of were it will saves files in the settings.

Please advise where it saves these pics and video ?

Thanyou for the efforts to get Android devices  working .

Regards,

Ernie

Explorer

[ New ]

It saves in the GoPro app. If you want a picture for your gallery, open in the GoPro app and then take a screenshot with your phone.

Explorer

[ New ]
To get the video, you need to Open the GoPro app. To make a OverCapture video, open it in the app and then create the OverCapture video. The video you create will be saved to your gallery.
Anonymous

[ New ]

@danielr15I agree , that is what it should do...but it's not there on my Android Note 8. Not anywhere on the phone that I can find.

Explorer

[ New ]
You are opening the GoPro app and then going to the Media tab?
Anonymous

[ New ]
Yes @danielr15 .... hit the download button and it tells me its completed. But the files not found .
Explorer

[ New ]
After downloading (which actually downloads to the GoPro app - NOT YOUR PHONES GALLERY) you need to access it through the GoPro App, under the Media Tab (In the App).
Explorer

[ New ]

"Neither iOS nor Android media gallery applications (iOS Photos, etc) natively support the 360 media created by Fusion. Therefore, we cannot save content directly to the those applications. Content will be saved in the Local Media section of your GoPro App. As such, deleting the GoPro application will remove this content from your device. "
https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-supported-devices

You may also benefit from reading this:
https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/gopro-app-overcapture

Anonymous

[ New ]
So the App ...pretends it saving it ...but it does not... i have to use fusion studio on the PC to output to other programs ir social media.
The app for Android has no overcapture ... no output for social media.... so only good as a crude preview and control of the camera.
Guess i have to put up with this limitation.

Thanks Daniel
Explorer

[ New ]
Once the media is downloaded to your phone (yes, it is downloaded but only accessible through the app), you then open the downloaded video by accessing it in the GoPro app Media Tab (under Local Media). Once open, you then have the option for overcapture and social media sharing.
Anonymous

[ New ]
Daniel.... on the Android app there is no Media Tab... i have a thumbnail screen ...if i select a pic or video on this...they open up on the phone...the there is a download button at the bottom of the screen. I use this and it goes through the motion of saving it. AFTER that...the file/pic is not showing anywhere within the App.... so where is the Medis Tab ????
Explorer

[ New ]

As an example, here is a video I made with my Android phone, Fusion, the GoPro App and GoPro Quik (I made it pretty fast so not the greatest, but I share it so I can explain the steps).

1. Film

2. Download Videos to phone with GoPro App (I generally cut the videos into short clips)

3. Open the Videos with the GoPro app and then edit using overcapture and then saving (creates new video in GoPro folder of Photos Gallery)

4. Open Quik and create a video

Explorer

[ New ]

Open the app
DO NOT CONNECT TO FUSION
Go to Media and then Local Media and you will find the downloaded photos/videos

I should have been more clear in my steps above.

It should read:

1. Film

2. Connect to Fusion with GoPro App and Download Videos (I generally cut the videos into short clips)

3. Disconnect Connection to Fusion (you don't have to, but there is no reason to stay connected at this point) Open the Videos with the GoPro app and then edit using overcapture and then saving (creates new video in GoPro folder of Photos Gallery)

4. Open Quik and create a video

Anonymous

[ New ]
Daniel,

It works on your Android.... but i have a note 8 non usa version...till now the app would not even find the fusion. So a connection and preview is a big step for the developers.

As i said...i got thumbnails ....it says its dowloaded..but it never show... if i hit refresh it say no media present.

Ernie
Explorer

[ New ]
Can you post a screenshot?
Explorer

[ New ]
Just to be clear, the Media Tab has nothing to do with Fusion.
Explorer

[ New ]

GoPro App.png

Anonymous

[ New ]

Daniel,

Yes, so Media Tab is the Gallery or camera roll on the phone....

so in the GoPro App I see all the thumbnails , at viewing the full res picture or video , I hit the download button at the bottom, but the file never gets saved under the file name.

I think the Android App on my Note 8 is not fully functional...

Cheers,

Ernie

Screenshot_20180925-210445_GoPro.jpg
Explorer

[ New ]

This is looking at the camera! You need to go to the LOCAL media that has been downloaded off of the camera and is now on the app.

What you have as a screenshot is Media available for QuickStory (Which Fusion 360 videos are not available for).

Explorer

[ New ]
What are your options when you tap the downward facing triangle?
Anonymous

[ New ]

This video is edit on my phone (Note8).

It's take a long time and many step to produce one video.

I found app freeze and crash happen when rotate phone from landscape to portrait while editing video.

(It's happen sometime.)

Anonymous

[ New ]
The yellow icon does not activate anything.... its there on the clips I have downloaded from the camera, that is the problem... NO LOCAL Media is being saved .

Work in progress still...even Quick say no local media when I look.

Thanks anyway Daniel.
Anonymous

[ New ]
My Note 8 is N950F which is different to the US versions chipset. This is why the F version is not working properly I believe.
Explorer

[ New ]

I don't see a Yellow Icon on your screenshot. 

I really want to get this working for you and suspect that you just might not be accessing the folder correctly.  Granted, you do have a different phone, but the Media folder has nothing to do with Fusion.  It is the same folder Hero3, Hero3+, Hero4, Session, Hero5, Hero6 all use.  

Is this the "Yellow Icon"?

Untitled.png

Explorer

[ New ]
@Anonymous
If you want better quality video with Quik, go into settings and select the high resolution videos 1080/60. It appears you are on the default low resolution.
Explorer

[ New ]

@Anonymous
As far as the app performance, I don't know why, but Samsung phones tend to be pretty bad when it comes to the GoPro apps (including Quik). I ditched my Samsung for an LG v30 and they work great (I actually like the V30 for many more reasons, but this isn't the correct sight for that discussion about phones).

Explorer

[ New ]

I think I see the issue now (I didn't have my phone earlier). You don't have a local or cloud column/tab. For me it looks like this

Capture+_2018-09-25-07-19-52.png

Explorer

[ New ]

I access this screen by selecting Media on the side panel.

Capture+_2018-09-25-07-17-12.png

What options are listed for you on the side panel?

Explorer

[ New ]

If I select Media and then Local, I can then view and select my downloaded Fusion media (files I have already downloaded off of the Fusion camera).

Capture+_2018-09-25-07-29-33-1.png

Explorer

[ New ]

Selecting any of my previously downloaded Fusion files gives me the option to edit them. It makes no sense that you are saying that a download option appears, as these files are already downloaded.

Capture+_2018-09-25-07-34-53.png

Explorer

[ New ]
Please provide a screenshot of the app on your phone with the side panel open showing:
HOME
CAMERA
MEDIA
QUIK KEY
PRODUCTS
SUPPORT
SETTINGS
Anonymous

[ New ]
Hi @danielr15 ...ok ...i reinstalled the gopro app ...i can now find files under the Media Tab... !
I can pick and manipulate files....
Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Ernie
Tourist

[ New ]

how do I "forget/delete your instances of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi from your phone."?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @scaryplaces

Access your phone's connection settings. Go to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.

If there were previous connections, you would normally see GoPro then 4 numbers.

Thanks!

Ej