Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: WE CAN'T CONNECT YOUR FUSION !!!

After downloading (which actually downloads to the GoPro app - NOT YOUR PHONES GALLERY) you need to access it through the GoPro App, under the Media Tab (In the App).
Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

"Neither iOS nor Android media gallery applications (iOS Photos, etc) natively support the 360 media created by Fusion. Therefore, we cannot save content directly to the those applications. Content will be saved in the Local Media section of your GoPro App. As such, deleting the GoPro application will remove this content from your device. "
https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-supported-devices

You may also benefit from reading this:
https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/gopro-app-overcapture

Highlighted
Hiker

So the App ...pretends it saving it ...but it does not... i have to use fusion studio on the PC to output to other programs ir social media.
The app for Android has no overcapture ... no output for social media.... so only good as a crude preview and control of the camera.
Guess i have to put up with this limitation.

Thanks Daniel
Highlighted
Explorer

Once the media is downloaded to your phone (yes, it is downloaded but only accessible through the app), you then open the downloaded video by accessing it in the GoPro app Media Tab (under Local Media). Once open, you then have the option for overcapture and social media sharing.
Highlighted
Hiker

Daniel.... on the Android app there is no Media Tab... i have a thumbnail screen ...if i select a pic or video on this...they open up on the phone...the there is a download button at the bottom of the screen. I use this and it goes through the motion of saving it. AFTER that...the file/pic is not showing anywhere within the App.... so where is the Medis Tab ????
Highlighted
Explorer

As an example, here is a video I made with my Android phone, Fusion, the GoPro App and GoPro Quik (I made it pretty fast so not the greatest, but I share it so I can explain the steps).

1. Film

2. Download Videos to phone with GoPro App (I generally cut the videos into short clips)

3. Open the Videos with the GoPro app and then edit using overcapture and then saving (creates new video in GoPro folder of Photos Gallery)

4. Open Quik and create a video

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

Open the app
DO NOT CONNECT TO FUSION
Go to Media and then Local Media and you will find the downloaded photos/videos

I should have been more clear in my steps above.

It should read:

1. Film

2. Connect to Fusion with GoPro App and Download Videos (I generally cut the videos into short clips)

3. Disconnect Connection to Fusion (you don't have to, but there is no reason to stay connected at this point) Open the Videos with the GoPro app and then edit using overcapture and then saving (creates new video in GoPro folder of Photos Gallery)

4. Open Quik and create a video

Highlighted
Hiker

Daniel,

It works on your Android.... but i have a note 8 non usa version...till now the app would not even find the fusion. So a connection and preview is a big step for the developers.

As i said...i got thumbnails ....it says its dowloaded..but it never show... if i hit refresh it say no media present.

Ernie