Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: WE CAN'T CONNECT YOUR FUSION !!!

[ Edited ]

Dear @mariustanya , the latest App, allows a connect the same as the work around previously did, it's still very hit and miss. Tried 4 times, connected on the 4th go. Get the "something went wrong" message.   When connected there is now fuzzy thumbnails for the video and Pics.

It allows me to view and change settings as the workaround did. 

I cannot view any Pictures or video files, just get a blank black screen for either. 

I have a Samsung Note 8  SM-N950F  Exynos 8895 processor, 6.3-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Infinity Display

Screenshot_20180901-121307_GoPro.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the details you provided, @stoutbeach85122. I will report back to the team with this. I will post a update again once I hear back from them. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I know my current phone isn't mentioned, but I went ahead and deleted the work-around from my OnePlus 5T and tried to connect it again as a fusion. Surprise! The road block is gone. It's allowing me to connect. At first it behaved like a glorified smart remote (no live view, over capture or sharing) so I was about to go back to the hero 6 work-around which had all those features, but I updated the camera firmware and BANG! Most everything is working. I have live view, overcapture, sharing options for FB and instagram.... everything but GPS data. But as I understand no one on android has that feature. (yet???)

The only issue I have now is connecting. I'm getting a pretty common "Something went wrong" error when I attempt to connect. When that happens all I have to do is force quit the app, restart the fusion and try again. 

Still.... facing glitches because my specific device isn't officially supported is MUCH better than flat being denied the option to try. Especially when we know the device actually has the potential to function. I'll take glitches over road blocks any day. 

Screenshot_20180903-084108.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

@stoutbeach85122

Have you updated the firmware on your fusion? I had the same issue as you on my OnePlus 5T. Updating the firmware fixed the problem for me. I still get the occasional "something went wrong" error, but when I do get it to connect I've got full control.

No guarantee that will work for everyone, but hopefully it works for you as it did for me. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Appreciate you posting an update, @grayrange31856. Glad to know that it is working now. And, yes, GPS functionality will be coming to GoPro App for Android soon. Cheers!

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya, any word on when we will be able to use the GPS data in Fusion studio? I know android isn't the forte for GoPro, so I know it's always the last to get a feature....  but it's a little odd that the packaging and everything hypes GPS, yet even the desktop Fusion studio app can do nothing with it. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @grayrange31856

We do not have information about it yet. What we know so far is that for Fusion footage, GPS performance stickers can be added to standard videos created in OverCapture. Other members mentioned being able to extract GPS data from Fusion videos via RaceRender.  We will definitely keep you posted once the feature becomes available in Fusion Studio. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, the firmware is the latest, I believe there is not yet support for the Exynos 8895  chips in the phone, that is the issue, Only Qualcomm chip support as used in the USA.