Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

WE CAN'T CONNECT YOUR FUSION !!!

[ New ]

Who know that Why my HTC U Ultra can't connect to My FUSIN ???

Explorer

Re: WE CAN'T CONNECT YOUR FUSION !!!

[ New ]
Is the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on in the phone?
Also, did you check to make sure the Wi-Fi is turned on in the Fusion?

If you continue to have issues, forget/delete your instances of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi from your phone. Go into the app>Cameras and press down on the picture of the Fusion and then delete it. Turn on Wi-Fi connections in the Fusion. Make sure both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned on in the phone. Press the (+) add new and attempt to connect the Fusion again. Be sure the Fusion connection is not set to RC but rather to App.
Hiker

[ New ]

Same as ME !   , I am told that only CERTAIN android phone will connect, My Galaxy Note 8 a recent on the market phone wont connect, GoPro support just say Bad luck.   Adroid support was advertised prior to christrmas as EARLY 2018....not yet . About time GoPro got their act together on this one.

Hiker

Re: WE CAN'T CONNECT YOUR FUSION !!! Fixed

[ New ]

Hi everyone. I would like to share with you all that the gopro fusion can be connected to most of the high end current and some old android devices. The only issuse that seeems to prevent it from being paired is probably the gopro app has some restricitons programed for the fusion camera to not connect simply on the basis that the device may not be able to handle the fusion media files.

However here is my video on how to get your fusion camera connected to your android device and use it to control it remotely and also access various features provided in the gopro app.

https://youtu.be/Mo9k4OvwkK0 

I use a Sony Xperia Z2 (2014 year) phone in this video which is running on android 6.0.1

This should definitely help you as it has worked with many users as of now that i have shared this video with.

Thank You.

Here's a trick to connect the gopro fusion camera to an android device from the gopro app that can be used to control the fusion remotely.The Gopro app doesn...
Hiker

[ New ]

Hi everyone, I would like to share that the gopro fusion can be connected to latest and some old android phones. The only problem seems to be that the gopro app has some restrictions programed to not connect the fusion to an android device as it may not be able to handle the fusion media.

However here is a video that i made on how to connect an android device to the fusion via gopro app.

https://youtu.be/Mo9k4OvwkK0

I used the Sony Xperia Z2 (2014 year) phone running on android 6.0.1 in this video.

This should definitely help you all as it has worked for many users that i have shared the video with.

Thank You.

Here's a trick to connect the gopro fusion camera to an android device from the gopro app that can be used to control the fusion remotely.The Gopro app doesn...
Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks  Rakish...Smiley Happy thats a good start to trying to control the camera at least.
My Note 8  N950F model connects  if you say its a Hero 6 ....

NOW If it can connect and do this, its only a small step to get a Preview sent to the screen.
My OTHER 360 Camera has NO TROUBLE at all displaying a 360 image with gyro viewing ( both Android and IOS Phones).

So What is so hard GOPRO ????    No money left for App development ?  Get serious please. More Android support Needed !!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @stoutbeach85122

Please check this link for a list of currently Supported Devices - Fusion

We are continuously working on the improvement of the capabilities of the Fusion and our applications.

Please continue to check our website for updates.

Thanks!

EJ

Hiker

[ New ]

Most of the users who tried this that have latest devices also got live preview of the fusion. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks @aragon1006 for the reply....but the link does not show what is changing ..just what is lacking in Gopro apps.

Advertising prior to Christmas promised Android support early 2018...it's now 3months into the year.... no proper support for Android... you cannot only do a few models ..and say that's Android support... that's misleading Advertising.

The Fusion studio does not work properly.... I have spec pc ..and cannot get render st 5.2k crashes every time. @ 2k I can do 60sec clips... longer it crashes.
Camera firmware has been buggy up to 1.6 ... let's see if 1.7 is any better.
Android support for common market phones is non-existant
Studio 1.1 does not work properly on Windows.

If the product is only suitable for Apple systems...then say it up front...I would not have bought one...

Freecapture was advertised....heaven know when this will be available ....probably never at the rate gopro is releasing fixes.

Things better change soon.
Explorer

[ New ]

It will never be on all Android phones just by the nature of the many different phones utilizing it with different chip sets and skin overlays that change the operating system and how apps are able to interact with the phone.

I don't know what is going on with your computer but Fusion Studio works great on my Windows 10 i7 GTX1050ti laptop.

Freecapture wasn't advertised for Fusion.  I think you mistook an add for Insta360 One.  Perhaps you mean Overcapture.

Hiker

[ New ]
Sorry Daniel.... my mistake Overcapture..where you can set the software to follow the subject.

The 360 camera makers seem to have no trouble making an App to work Android and IOS ... why just Gopro?

I can preview , stitch 4k 360 footage on my Samsung...export....no problems at all.

I have Dell xps i7 16Gb with ssd ... crashes each time. My i5 8gb Desktop...can at least render at 2k ...nothing higher.

All updates done on both machines.

Regards

Ernie
Hiker

[ New ]

Maybe you are right , and GoPro should  fix all androids problem , this is GoPro is

Hiker

[ New ]
Gopro should honor what they advertised "android support" ...that means all current android devices at least.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @stoutbeach85122

Thank you for the feedback. As we continue to improve stability, image processing and overall performance on the platform, additional Android devices will become supported. Please watch out for further updates. 

Best regards, 

Marius

Hiker

[ New ]
Thankyou for the reply @mariustanya...I sure hope its soon !
Hiker

[ New ]

Could you give us a release date ?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sweetmesa76826

We don't have a specific date yet, but we are working on it. It should be available soon.

Please continue to check our website for more updates.

Thanks!

EJ

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hello GoPro

Would you please let me know when Huawei P10 and galaxy S6 will be supported, since you are taking that "additional Android devices will become supported".

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous, 

Such updates will be made public once they are available. You will also get updates via gopro.com and your GoPro account email. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Might want to let the people who handle the phone and online chat customer support know that you're working on expanding android support. I've spoken with agents from both of those and both have told me, "We currently have no plans to update the android app with more devices." 

They then suggest I go out and spend another thousand bucks on a device that is currently supported. 

By the way, this work around works perfectly on the OnePlus 5T. The app recognizes I am using a fusion, live preview and all controls work perfectly, as does the gallery. I can see everything I shot. Comes in pretty handy when you are filming professionally to be able to see what the hell your footage looks like before you waste an entire day on set. Cmon, GoPro. You know your products are used by more than just families on vacations. Professionals use this gear. We'd appreciate some professional support. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Well said.... the whole Fusion thing has been frustrating so far.
A potentially great camera ...but the support of it is so poor so far. Other 360 camara makers are catching up and passing so fast... Gopro might have missed the boat if they cannot get Android issues resolved fast.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Hello GoPro,

would you please tell me if you at least plan to support Samsung Galaxy S8 and S9 which are new mobile phones? Or will stay like one stated greet camera with terrible/no support.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi everyone!

We definitely understand where you are coming from regarding the Android support for Fusion. 

While we are still waiting for the official updates, you may use the workaround shared by other GoPro users regarding the connection between Fusion and Android devices.

Thanks!

EJ

Tourist

[ New ]

Aragon... It's now been over a month since you commented that and update with expanded compatibility was coming "soon." The device has been out, with this crippling issue, for going on 6 months. 

It's not coming, is it? 

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@grayrange31856 - The Android app was updated to include Overcapture for Fusion on April 16. Additional details on the update and which specific Android phones are supported can be found at https://gopro.com/news/fusion-overcapture-now-available-for-android.

Hiker

[ New ]
No point in updating the App.... not all Android devices are supported yet ! GOPRO should not FORGET that region specific issues STILL EXIST.
It is more that 6 months after the release date ...and NO proper Androud support....HOW LONG DO I AND OTHERS HAVE TO WAIT for full support on Android. ?
Tourist

[ New ]

So, let me get this straight. GoPro's answer to a drastic lack in support on android is to point out that you added features to the app we still can't use? Thanks for rubbing it in. 

That's wonderful, Jefft..... and not at ALL what the topic of update was. The issue is that every bit of marketing on the fusion box and in the users guide inside the box hypes android support. We don't have android support. We have severely LIMITED support. That was the topic at hand. When will people with perfectly competent hardware be able to use our fusions? Most other 360 cam manufacturers, including those in the same price range as the fusion, have very good android support.... and they don't slap us in the face like you just did. 

Anonymous

[ New ]
This is ridiculous.... I used my Fusion the entire 2018 snowboarding season and it connected to my Galaxy 8 plus no problem...Even connected to my phone regularly at 1400 ft on top of a mountain... I couldn't make clips on my phone, but I could replay footage and capture photos from the footage....Now after the update it won't connect at all...I have tried everything in the help section, called customer support, bought two new $60 Sandisk, EVERYTHING.....It's absolutely ridiculous and unfair to the people who have supported Go Pro when this product was first released, to tell them " Oh we know you just bought our $800 camera, but with this new update you might not be able to use it, have a nice day"....WTF Gro Pro all I know is if it doesn't work soon I'll be selling it and goin to get the Garmin.
Anonymous

[ New ]
I want to film today....not in another 6 months, not another month, not another week....TODAY
Anonymous

[ New ]

Wow.  Really?  My phone just IMMEDIATELY says can't connect when I try to add a fusion in the app.  I have a OnePlus 5, which is a very up to date and powerful phone.  This makes no sense.  I'm connected to the camera's wifi network too, before I launch the app.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous

Currently, we have several phone models supported in the GoPro app for the Fusion camera. For reference you may check this article: Fusion - Supported Devices

There is a work around shared on this link. The video shows how you can get your camera to pair with the app allowing you to control the camera at least.

Regards,

Ej

Anonymous

[ New ]

Planning to buy a Fusion. Want to check if my OnePlus 5 will connect to it or not? Though it doesn't seem to figure in the list of supported Android devices....

Anonymous

[ New ]

Planning to buy a Fusion. Want to check if my OnePlus 5 will connect to it or not? Though it doesn't seem to figure in the list of supported Android devices....

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes and no. You have to tell the app that you are connecting a hero 6. Then it will connect, even registering as a fusion. But it's going to be buggy. I'm on the One Plus 5T and have to use that work around. If I try to connect as a fusion, GoPro just puts up a "can't connect" roadblock. The work around has been working fine for me, although I do occasionally have to reset the connection and there's no guarantee it'll work for you.

GoPro has been saying they will be adding support for new devices since January. So far not a single new device has been added to the list.

So be prepared for that. Oh, and get ready for some headaches with the desktop software. Fusion Studio is a huge pain and unfortunately, you are locked into using it to stitch your footage properly.

And forget shooting underwater. Yes, it's waterproof and yes GoPro shows a lot of underwater footage in their marketing.....but it won't stitch your footage to any usable degree.

Aaaaannnnndddd you might notice the GPS icon on the Fusion box. Yes. It captures GPS data. But you have no access to it and gopro will not help you utilize that data. They have provided ZERO software support for the GPS data their camera captures and they hyped in marketing.

I know that's way more info than you asked for, but I just wanted you to know all the things I wish I had known before I kissed hundreds of dollars goodbye. It's beautiful hardware....with the worst software support I have ever seen. Good luck!
Hiker

[ New ]
Well said @grayrange31856 ... Gopro is a failure as far as i am concerned... all the hype last year and no support. As you say..great hardware but software side very lacking.... no amout of pushing seems to make any difference...Gopto just does not care about it customers any more.
Explorer

[ New ]

Here is a decent video on how to use GPS telemetry data from Fusion. You can use GoPro's Dashware or Race Render.  I personally like Race Render better.

Explorer

[ New ]
Also, I haven't had any issues with Fusion Studio. I use a Quad i7 32GB RAM NVIDIA GTX 1050 ti 128 GB SSD with 1TB 5,200 RPM Hard Drive. I strongly recommend getting a 256 SSD as it works much better if you render to and from the SSD.
Tourist

[ New ]

That's true. There are ways to access it. Perhaps I misspoke. Allow me to elaborate. 

When I said no support from GoPro I meant that they will provide no guidance in how to access the information. You're on your own to figure out it, and sometimes that workaround is crazy.  For example, if I were to call Canon customer support and ask them, "How do I open .CR2 files created by my camera?" They would have a clear cut answer for me. I put this to the test, btw, just to make sure what I'm saying here is accurate. Canon told me about their own "Digital Photo Professional" software, how to find it, install it and basics of using it. They then told me about third party support. 

Now, if you call GoPro and ask them, "How do I access and use the GPS data created by my fusion?" They literally have no idea what you are talking about. One associate told me, "The Fusion doesn't support GPS" another told me, "the GPS data it collects is used behind the scenes and not meant for the end user." and on attempt #3 I was told, "We are working on updating Fusion studio to incorporate GPS data. At this time there is no way to access it with any gopro software." Even that last answer is BS considering Dashware is a thing.... a thing owned by Gopro. You don't leave your customers high and dry and you certainly don't flat out lie to them. That's just not good business. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Gopro support is a token support.... been frustrated with them several times. GOPRO should put in more effort to resolve issues in a reasonable time...been waiting over 7 months now for Android functionality...for my Samsung note 8
No mention of when it is going to be supported if ever.
JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!
Hiker

[ New ]

DO NOT buy a fusion if your phone is not in the list of supported Android devices...I bought a Samsung Galaxy S9 because I saw Galaxy S7 / 8 were supported, big mistake...now I have my fusion at home collecting dust waiting for GoPro to make it compatible with my new phone

Tourist

[ New ]
If you are waiting on GoPro then you might as well sell your fusion. They are never going to expand android support. What they will do is release a fusion 2 with better (but likely still limited) support and expect us to fork over even more money to get what they promised us in this version.

That said, try telling the app you are connecting a hero 6 and it'll detect and connect your fusion. It will even know it's a fusion. You may not have all the features of fully supported devices, but you will at the very least have remote control of the camera and be able to see what you are shooting. That will at least get the fusion off your shelf.
Hiker

[ New ]

Yep selling the Fusion is still an option !  , PITY since the hardware is still prettry good,  I tried the workaround, it lets be control the camera NO PREVIEW, then crashes the app.  So Still frustrated with goPro for the lack of support of their product.

Hiker

[ New ]

5 months later, still no support for the largest phone maker in the worlds current flagship phone, the Samsung Galaxy s9.  Absolute mindblowing, considering there is support for the Galaxy s7, a similar phone from 2 years ago.

Why would I ever buy another Gopro again if this is how mediocre the support is?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for patiently waiting for an update. Just today, the Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ manufactured in the US (using Qualcomm chips) have been added to the supported device list and are able to pair to Fusion cameras. The team will also be adding the Note 9 that released last week as that is on the same QC chip. We will be updating our support articles to reflect such an addition. 

Please keep us posted how it goes on your end. We would love to hear back from you. 

Many thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

This is awesome news.

Hiker

[ New ]
Dear Gopro.....there is Fusion users outside of the USA that you have totally ignored and supported.... WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SUPPORT THESE ANDROID USERS !!!!!
Still waiting for support on my Note 8 ....along with many others. SO WHEN GOPRO ?
GoPro

[ New ]

If you get the chance to test it, please let us know how it works out, @stoutwave25605. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @stoutbeach85122

Are you still not able to connect Fusion via GoPro App even with the latest version that was released last August 7th? We'd love to gather specifics on the issue encountered with the latest app version. Hope to hear back from you. 

Many thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

Dear @mariustanya , the latest App, allows a connect the same as the work around previously did, it's still very hit and miss. Tried 4 times, connected on the 4th go. Get the "something went wrong" message.   When connected there is now fuzzy thumbnails for the video and Pics.

It allows me to view and change settings as the workaround did. 

I cannot view any Pictures or video files, just get a blank black screen for either. 

I have a Samsung Note 8  SM-N950F  Exynos 8895 processor, 6.3-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Infinity Display

Screenshot_20180901-121307_GoPro.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details you provided, @stoutbeach85122. I will report back to the team with this. I will post a update again once I hear back from them.