Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: WE CAN'T CONNECT YOUR FUSION !!!

Planning to buy a Fusion. Want to check if my OnePlus 5 will connect to it or not? Though it doesn't seem to figure in the list of supported Android devices....

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes and no. You have to tell the app that you are connecting a hero 6. Then it will connect, even registering as a fusion. But it's going to be buggy. I'm on the One Plus 5T and have to use that work around. If I try to connect as a fusion, GoPro just puts up a "can't connect" roadblock. The work around has been working fine for me, although I do occasionally have to reset the connection and there's no guarantee it'll work for you.

GoPro has been saying they will be adding support for new devices since January. So far not a single new device has been added to the list.

So be prepared for that. Oh, and get ready for some headaches with the desktop software. Fusion Studio is a huge pain and unfortunately, you are locked into using it to stitch your footage properly.

And forget shooting underwater. Yes, it's waterproof and yes GoPro shows a lot of underwater footage in their marketing.....but it won't stitch your footage to any usable degree.

Aaaaannnnndddd you might notice the GPS icon on the Fusion box. Yes. It captures GPS data. But you have no access to it and gopro will not help you utilize that data. They have provided ZERO software support for the GPS data their camera captures and they hyped in marketing.

I know that's way more info than you asked for, but I just wanted you to know all the things I wish I had known before I kissed hundreds of dollars goodbye. It's beautiful hardware....with the worst software support I have ever seen. Good luck!
Highlighted
Hiker

Well said @grayrange31856 ... Gopro is a failure as far as i am concerned... all the hype last year and no support. As you say..great hardware but software side very lacking.... no amout of pushing seems to make any difference...Gopto just does not care about it customers any more.
Highlighted
Explorer

Here is a decent video on how to use GPS telemetry data from Fusion. You can use GoPro's Dashware or Race Render.  I personally like Race Render better.

Highlighted
Explorer

Also, I haven't had any issues with Fusion Studio. I use a Quad i7 32GB RAM NVIDIA GTX 1050 ti 128 GB SSD with 1TB 5,200 RPM Hard Drive. I strongly recommend getting a 256 SSD as it works much better if you render to and from the SSD.
Highlighted
Tourist

That's true. There are ways to access it. Perhaps I misspoke. Allow me to elaborate. 

When I said no support from GoPro I meant that they will provide no guidance in how to access the information. You're on your own to figure out it, and sometimes that workaround is crazy.  For example, if I were to call Canon customer support and ask them, "How do I open .CR2 files created by my camera?" They would have a clear cut answer for me. I put this to the test, btw, just to make sure what I'm saying here is accurate. Canon told me about their own "Digital Photo Professional" software, how to find it, install it and basics of using it. They then told me about third party support. 

Now, if you call GoPro and ask them, "How do I access and use the GPS data created by my fusion?" They literally have no idea what you are talking about. One associate told me, "The Fusion doesn't support GPS" another told me, "the GPS data it collects is used behind the scenes and not meant for the end user." and on attempt #3 I was told, "We are working on updating Fusion studio to incorporate GPS data. At this time there is no way to access it with any gopro software." Even that last answer is BS considering Dashware is a thing.... a thing owned by Gopro. You don't leave your customers high and dry and you certainly don't flat out lie to them. That's just not good business. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Gopro support is a token support.... been frustrated with them several times. GOPRO should put in more effort to resolve issues in a reasonable time...been waiting over 7 months now for Android functionality...for my Samsung note 8
No mention of when it is going to be supported if ever.
JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!
Highlighted
Hiker

DO NOT buy a fusion if your phone is not in the list of supported Android devices...I bought a Samsung Galaxy S9 because I saw Galaxy S7 / 8 were supported, big mistake...now I have my fusion at home collecting dust waiting for GoPro to make it compatible with my new phone