Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: WE CAN'T CONNECT YOUR FUSION !!!

@grayrange31856 - The Android app was updated to include Overcapture for Fusion on April 16. Additional details on the update and which specific Android phones are supported can be found at https://gopro.com/news/fusion-overcapture-now-available-for-android.

Highlighted
Hiker

No point in updating the App.... not all Android devices are supported yet ! GOPRO should not FORGET that region specific issues STILL EXIST.
It is more that 6 months after the release date ...and NO proper Androud support....HOW LONG DO I AND OTHERS HAVE TO WAIT for full support on Android. ?
Highlighted
Tourist

So, let me get this straight. GoPro's answer to a drastic lack in support on android is to point out that you added features to the app we still can't use? Thanks for rubbing it in. 

That's wonderful, Jefft..... and not at ALL what the topic of update was. The issue is that every bit of marketing on the fusion box and in the users guide inside the box hypes android support. We don't have android support. We have severely LIMITED support. That was the topic at hand. When will people with perfectly competent hardware be able to use our fusions? Most other 360 cam manufacturers, including those in the same price range as the fusion, have very good android support.... and they don't slap us in the face like you just did. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

This is ridiculous.... I used my Fusion the entire 2018 snowboarding season and it connected to my Galaxy 8 plus no problem...Even connected to my phone regularly at 1400 ft on top of a mountain... I couldn't make clips on my phone, but I could replay footage and capture photos from the footage....Now after the update it won't connect at all...I have tried everything in the help section, called customer support, bought two new $60 Sandisk, EVERYTHING.....It's absolutely ridiculous and unfair to the people who have supported Go Pro when this product was first released, to tell them " Oh we know you just bought our $800 camera, but with this new update you might not be able to use it, have a nice day"....WTF Gro Pro all I know is if it doesn't work soon I'll be selling it and goin to get the Garmin.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I want to film today....not in another 6 months, not another month, not another week....TODAY
Highlighted
Sightseer

Wow.  Really?  My phone just IMMEDIATELY says can't connect when I try to add a fusion in the app.  I have a OnePlus 5, which is a very up to date and powerful phone.  This makes no sense.  I'm connected to the camera's wifi network too, before I launch the app.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @reddawn0073

Currently, we have several phone models supported in the GoPro app for the Fusion camera. For reference you may check this article: Fusion - Supported Devices

There is a work around shared on this link. The video shows how you can get your camera to pair with the app allowing you to control the camera at least.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Planning to buy a Fusion. Want to check if my OnePlus 5 will connect to it or not? Though it doesn't seem to figure in the list of supported Android devices....