Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Voice recognition

Just bought the hero 6 black, updated software, and can't get the voice recognition to work. Yes, I know how to turn it on, even tried the different versions of English ( I'm a NZer).

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Voice recognition

Hi @rapidhero22151

Sorry for any troubles caused.

Would you mind running the manual software update again? 

If it's still the same, you may reach out to our Support Team to move forward with this concern.

As this is a new purchase, you can also refer to the same sotre/channel you got it from.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @rapidhero22151

Sorry for any troubles caused.

Would you mind running the manual software update again? 

If it's still the same, you may reach out to our Support Team to move forward with this concern.

As this is a new purchase, you can also refer to the same sotre/channel you got it from.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Ej,
Thanks for getting back to me. Tried following the directions on the manual update, but it didn't seem to work (tried a couple of times). I tried formatting the micro disc and did a factory reset. I then turned the gopro on without the disc in and cycled through the preferences, and the voice recognition started working! I put the disc back in, and it still seems to be working. I did however uninstall and reinstall the app, just to make sure. Bit of a mission, but I got there in the end! Just charging again, so I'll let you know if it continues to work!

Cheers!
Tony
Highlighted
GoPro

We appreciate you trying out the suggested steps @rapidhero22151

Please continue to observe your camera and feel free to post back for any updates.

Best Regards,

Ej