Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Voice control not working for female voice

Hi there, I recently bought a GoPro Hero 7 black (love it!). But I'm hoping you can help. It doesn't listen to me LOL. Voice control is on. It activates perfectly for all my male friends, but won't work for me. So to save me dragging a man with me wherever I go in my kayak to command my GoPro, is there anyway it can be changed to pick up a female pitch? I very specifically want voice control because it's easiest to use on my kayaking adventures (I've kind of got my hands full). Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Voice control not working for female voice

Hi @lucyb37207,

This seems strange. The camera should be able to detect the voice commands in general. I agree with @danielr15 and fishycomics. Try toggling the language between English (US), English (UK) and English (Australian), and also ensure that you're using the correct voice commands

Let us know how it works for you.

Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

You can't change it, but you can try speaking a little slower and more deliberately.
Adventurer

As you  have your friends tehre and they clearly say the words all work fine for them?  have you  tried changing to the other English UK one.. Like I train a dog is how I talk to gopro.      maybe you can have a voice sample loaded and soem  can  play it to their gopro.  also try turning off wind and keep stereo on wind can interrupt VC?

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Ah shame. Okay thanks @danielr15  I'll give that a go!

Tourist

Thanks very much @fishycomics I'll try those suggestions, will post on here if I have any success.
GoPro

Hi @lucyb37207,

This seems strange. The camera should be able to detect the voice commands in general. I agree with @danielr15 and fishycomics. Try toggling the language between English (US), English (UK) and English (Australian), and also ensure that you're using the correct voice commands

Let us know how it works for you.

Ann

Tourist

Hi @aenriquez thanks very much, issue solved! I now have it set to English (UK) and it's working perfectly for me. Here's to handsfree adventuring :)

Adventurer

Happy to hear that hte   change worked    glad we wer here to help