Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Voice commands for GoPro Max to switch between 360 and Hero modes?

Hi team! Are there voice commands to specify 360 versus Hero modes for video and photos? For example, my Quick Capture is set to 360 video, and my default mode when I power up with the power button is set to Hero photo. If I use voice commands to swap between photo and video modes, it retains the current setting — so if I power up the Max camera with the power button, I’m in Hero photo mode. But when I use a voice command to swap over to video mode, it stays in Hero video mode. I want to take a video in 360 mode, and have said all sorts of things to my poor GoPro, but it seems like there are no voice commands to toggle me over to 360 mode.

Do these voice commands exist? Or is this a feature request? Thanks!
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Voice commands for GoPro Max to switch between 360 and Hero modes?

Hi @pbiggs

When recording is initiated via voice command, the last mode the camera is on will be used.

We'll have this shared with the team.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Regarding QuikCapture - you have the option to set it to 360/HERO mode or the last mode used.

You may also change the Default Mode.

Preferences> General> QuikCapture Default Mode or Default Mode

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks! Yeah that’s the challenge - I can only swap between modes with the last 360/Hero setting used, when using voice commands.

Should I submit this as a feature request via the Support form - would that be helpful to your Product team?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @pbiggs

We'll have this forwarded to the team in charge.

Once new information is available, we can update you through this post.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

That is another aspect I would really endorse: when I was recently on holiday skiing I really wished to have a speech command to switch the modes. This would really be helpful as otherwise you have to change each time. By the way: the speech recognition could sometimes still be more sensitive. Not really nice when your are on the piste and shout to your GoPro. Jochen

Highlighted
Hiker

@adepthero1604  ha scritto:

By the way: the speech recognition could sometimes still be more sensitive. Not really nice when your are on the piste and shout to your GoPro.

This is a defect of all voice commands: they are very unreliable. Don't hope much that all of this can be improved. Perhaps it is better to buy a remote control with large buttons to be pressed even with ski gloves.

Highlighted
Hiker

I found the Remo remote to be great for this with my Hero. I used it all the time skiing with gloves on, could just mash the big button. And I used it on the wrist strap so I could hold my hand up to my face when going fast and it picked up the voice commands decently.

Alas, my Remo is not compatible with the Max.

I am looking into the Smart Remote, but in the meantime I have an Apple Watch and am playing with the GoRemo app... no voice commands, but at least I can change modes from my wrist when the Max is on my helmet.