Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

View GPR Thumbnails

[ New ]

Is there software or codec that will show my GPR file thumbnails in Windows 10 explorer.

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: View GPR Thumbnails

[ New ]
Thumbnail files are stored as thm. I don't think the gpr files are associated with the photo's thm, however the corresponding jpg file that is created simultaneously as the RAW photo most likely is. If you load both the gpr and jpg file into a folder on windows explorer, you should be able to see a thumbnail (for the jpg). The jpg and RAW photo should have the same name (just different extension) so you should be able to identify what is in your gpr files. Otherwise, you'll need one of the Adobe programs mentioned above to view/edit the RAW files.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bkushner

See if this workaround will help:

Change the extension from .thm to .jpg

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Did not work This is a RAW file.Thanks

Explorer

[ New ]
GPR files can be used in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR), version 9.7 or later, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC (2015.7 release or later) and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 (version 6.7 or later)
Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

Yes. I was trying to have the thumbnails show in the explorer folder.

Explorer

[ New ]
Thumbnail files are stored as thm. I don't think the gpr files are associated with the photo's thm, however the corresponding jpg file that is created simultaneously as the RAW photo most likely is. If you load both the gpr and jpg file into a folder on windows explorer, you should be able to see a thumbnail (for the jpg). The jpg and RAW photo should have the same name (just different extension) so you should be able to identify what is in your gpr files. Otherwise, you'll need one of the Adobe programs mentioned above to view/edit the RAW files.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks