Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Videos won’t load - exclamation mark symbols.

I recently filmed a few test videos on my new GoPro Hero 5 Black and they worked fine, but after taking my camera on a flight with me for one hour today, the videos are blank and have little exclamation mark symbols over them and won’t play? Please can someone tell me why this has happened and how I can either rescue my footage or prevent it happening again.
I have tried to view the footage on the camera, through the mobile app and on my laptop and none work.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Videos won’t load - exclamation mark symbols.

File crashed at he time.  the camera  was to reoair and it sounds like it did not.  On the file   ( ! )  is there any file size there, ifso then you may need to have a recovery program  fix it to write a open/close header, you'll need to remember the exact settings.

the recovery progam  that will repair not recover.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Could it be my SD card causing the problem? I had the same issue with my previous GoPro using the same card?
Highlighted
Adventurer

In order to know if the card is an issue we need to know what card?  If you do not format on a regular  bases then yes the card can be an issue but sometimes the camera is the issue as well.

I can get  that happening to once in a while because I did not format the card in awhile.

What card is it?