Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Videos Not Appearing on Computer

[ New ]

Recently got back from a trip overseas, and I shot on two different cards. The first one, I got just for the sd adapter, and didn't really want the card but it would take much longer to ship and I needed it the day of. It's a 16 GB Sandisk Ultra. The second card, I've had for years and use it as my main card. Never had any issues with it, and it's worked perfectly until now. That one is a 64 GB Sandisk Extreme PLUS. While the 16 GB offloaded all the files perfectly with no issues, the main card has some sort of issue that I suspect is some sort of corruption. I can view all the files fine on the camera and in the gopro app, but when I try to offload them, they don't appear. I've plugged the camera in directly and used a micro SD to SD adapter, and I've used 2 different computers. Both times, it's not recognized as having any files. Plugging the camera in will result in the computer saying it's empty, and plugging in the SD adapter just tells me to insert a disk into the spot where it's plugged in. I don't know if it's corrupted or not if all the videos are still viewable on the camera and app, but if anyone knows how to fix this it would be GREATLY appreciated, it has majority of the video from the family trip. Thanks!

GoPro

Re: Videos Not Appearing on Computer

[ New ]

Hi @venomfall

Please note that Ultra cards are not recommended to be used with GoPro cameras. They may work initially but they are observed to cause issues with the camera eventually.

It will be best to re-flash the software of your camera using the Extreme card. Make sure to back up all files before proceeding.

Since you are able to view the files on the camera and via the app, this means that the files are still on the SD card.

Were you trying to view it via Quik for desktop?

Try using the local Photo/Media app on your computer or File Explorer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey EJ,

I am aware that the Ultra isn't reccomended, unfortunately the storage solution I had planned for the trip failed on me and I was forced to use just the cards rather than backing them up to an external hard drive. I have tried viewing the files via File Explorer, the Photo/Media app for windows, and as a last resort Quik's desktop app. None of them showed any files whatsoever.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @venomfall

I am not sure why the files are not being read by your computer.

Since you are able to view the files via the mobile app, save the files to your phone to back it up.

Then, proceed with a manual update using the recommended SD card.

Test the camera and see how it goes.

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I actually can't save them to the phone for a couple reasons. For one, my phone has miniscule storage and they wouldn't fit. The main reason however is that even when I tried saving the smallest videos that should have fit, it said that the resolution of the video was not compatible with my phone. My guess is it has to do with it being an older phone that wasn't capable of storing anthing above 1080p video, but I'm not certain. I'll check out the support team in that case. Thanks for your help!