Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Videos (MP4) to XML files

Hi. I´ve used my gopro Session 5 camera to film our family skitrip or vacation. I have used the files after vacations and watched them or made a quik video or etc. 

Now when i started downloaded the videos from external hard drive to my new PC all of the viedeos, except for the ones from the last trip, had been converted to mp4.xml files. This is odd, because it changed all the old videos from ski rips to XML extension files. All the videos have  worked previousely. Also it converted the videos on the external hard drive and now I dont know how to recover these. 

What I did is Gopro->PC->External Drive->new PC

I have tried the following (nothing worked):

1) using my old PC to check the hard drive again

2) Also I have tried to change the extention but could not (the file name example attached)

Does anyone know what to do? 

Thats what you get if you do not immidiately make the short vacation movie :)

MP4 to XML.jpg
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Videos (MP4) to XML files

On the "Opens With" Tab, select it and change it to Windows Media Player
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Videos (MP4) to XML files

I have tried it as well I get a error message (attached). Logic is that even when I try to "open with" but it does not change the extension. This is weird because it has added .xml to all files and I cannot change it by renaming the file. Also odd that I have watched all these videos on my PC so there cannot be anything wrong with import from gopro. It has to be related to external drive and PC link. 

MP4 to XML 2.jpg