Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Videos Disappearing from the Micro SD card

I have a GoPro hero session with a 16 gb, Sandisk memory card. I went to download some videos in the GoPro app, but it just said no media found. Even though when I clicked the back button, it said I had 22 min left of video and it started off with one hour, 20 min so the videos must still be on there, but I can't get to them. I had over 300 videos of our vacation and I really want them back. Please help!!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Videos Disappearing from the Micro SD card

Most of these problems are usually down to the SD card. Be aware there are MANY fake cards around, for example I recently bought a 'Kingston' 64GB class 10 xc card should work fine, BUT it isnt a 64GB card and failed tests using software freely available from the internet if you search, it is in fact only a 8gb card, but the fakers are getting clever and hack the card so that it reports as a 64GB to your devices. Using a fake card gave me intermittent problems, including video recording stopping after several seconds, making the gopro freeze and lockup, making gopro hot.

I can list the software to check if card genuine or not  if need be.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @agilestorm7146,

It sounds like the SD Card may be corrupted. Unfortunately we do not have any method of data recovery that we recommend, however other users may have found some solutions that work for them. I would also recommend contacting SanDisk directly as they may be able to help.

Cheers,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

Most of these problems are usually down to the SD card. Be aware there are MANY fake cards around, for example I recently bought a 'Kingston' 64GB class 10 xc card should work fine, BUT it isnt a 64GB card and failed tests using software freely available from the internet if you search, it is in fact only a 8gb card, but the fakers are getting clever and hack the card so that it reports as a 64GB to your devices. Using a fake card gave me intermittent problems, including video recording stopping after several seconds, making the gopro freeze and lockup, making gopro hot.

I can list the software to check if card genuine or not  if need be.