Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Video timestamp is offset by +2 hours

[ New ]

Hey all,

I have a Hero 7 Black with OS 1.70 here. My issue is that, whenever I shoot photos and videos, videos have a +2 hour difference in the timestamps. E.g. say I shoot several photos and videos at 8 am. - photos will show 8 am but videos will show 10 am. In rare cases the difference is +1 hour, not +2. Is this a known bug?

Thanks

Artemiy

GoPro

Re: Video timestamp is offset by +2 hours

[ New ]

Hello @agilestorm88630. How are you viewing the time stamps on your GoPro files? Is it through Quik for desktop? Is it through other media players? There is currently an issue with the time stamps on videos when viewed through Quik for desktop - the time being referenced against UTC. Our team is aware of the issue and we are still waiting for an update or a fix. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello and thanks for your reply!

I am viewing the date/time right in the Photos app on my iPhone, after downloading media from my camera via the GoPro app and sharing it to Photos. As you can see in the example attached below, I have a photo and a video captured the exact same minute, but the video shows a +2 hour offset. I do have the latest 5.2.2 version of the app on my iPhone XS and also 1.70 on my HERO 7 black.

It does happen all the time, to all videos, and I guess will depend on where you're shooting and what's the local UTC offset. Over the past few days I have read about this issue and it seems like either the GoPro app or the camera itself adds the UTC offset to the timestamp the second time, which is of course unnecessary. It shouldn't be a hard issue to fix so I do really hope your team can do it in the nearest future! Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 09.12.38.png
Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same issue.

I use the iOS GoPro app to download pictures and videos to my iPhone. When they are downloaded to the Photos app, the pictures have the correct time, but the time of ALL videos are off by about 4-5 hours.

Any photo I "grab" from a video also has the time wrong.

This should be an easy fix!!

Any updates??

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @glafiro and @agilestorm88630. Thank you for the information that you shared. We have already passed this on to the team for a closer look. We will keep you posted as soon as we get new information. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

same issue here. all videos are being offset by +3hours. for photos looks like it's not but sometimes there are some offsets in there also. it creates a mess as i loose the continuity with photos and also with photos/videos from other sources.

it happens no matter how i import the files. currently i read form the sd card in a sd crad reader and import through my mac os photo app. what's curious is that in the import section of the photo app, it shows them chronologically correct.

really hope to see an update on this.