Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Video that I took normally flipped 90 degree when moved to pc.

[ New ]

I remember filming this and I deffinitely held camera normally (horisontally),

but when I moved all videos to my pc, only this one

now rotated 90 degree,

1. the question is how come that it is on the side now (it is not vertical as in the phone, but flipped 90 degree) - why?

2. and then I did flipped it back to normal in quik, but it still flipped when I see it in regular explorer and if I want to watch it

in vlc... so the second question is how to rotate it permanently.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Video that I took normally flipped 90 degree when moved to pc.

[ New ]

Hi @eugens02812

I am not certain as to why it was recorded on this orientation.

When video rotation is done via Quik for desktop, this change will remain on the application. And can be shared via YouTube or a private link.

If you wish to rotate the video and save it you may use other applications like: Pinnacle Studio HD, Davinci Resolve,  Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premier Elements, and Apple's iMovie and Final Cut X

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @eugens02812

I am not certain as to why it was recorded on this orientation.

When video rotation is done via Quik for desktop, this change will remain on the application. And can be shared via YouTube or a private link.

If you wish to rotate the video and save it you may use other applications like: Pinnacle Studio HD, Davinci Resolve,  Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premier Elements, and Apple's iMovie and Final Cut X

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Strange that Quik actually doesn´t rotate video permanently and I need to use other probram to do it...

Still I´d like to get some answers why video is on the side.... That should be some bug...

And there should be some fix to it....

GoPro

[ New ]

We would like to determine what is causing such rotation, @eugens02812. Sample pictures on how they appear in Quik and on the camera screen will help get a better understanding of the issue. We hope to hear back from you. If preferred, you can send the media through private message. Otherwise, you can attach them on your response using the Image icon on the top bar (of the response section). Thanks!