Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Video stitching is still bad

In-camera stitching is seriously bad compared to Insta360 cameras. When will they fix this?

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Video stitching is still bad

Hmmm, you are saying "still" as if it's been awhile. As of your post, the MAX hasn't even been out a month yet.

I've seen many user (not GoPro or "Influencer") videos created with MAX that look very good. However, GoPro usually releases 3-4 updates in the first year of their camera releases to improve performance. You generally don't see them less than a month after release though.
Highlighted
Tourist

Insta360 has no issue since the beginning. I saw many videos with GoPro MAX and I can see the stitching issue. What makes you think it's ok?

Highlighted
Explorer

Do you own MAX, or are you just trolling the GoPro forums trying to promote Insta360? Plenty of sites showing the MAX with much better resolution, colors, and MUCH, MUCH, better audio. Are you OK with the terrible audio of Insta360 and the inferior video quality?
Highlighted
Tourist

I have GoPro MAX right now. I can prove it if you want.

If you think I'm trolling, then it's your problem. I am talking about stitching compared to Insta360, nothing else. You should read my post carefully.

You are trying to justify GoPro MAX's stitching issue. I guess you don't own on since you don't know this issue at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaS8Et23-iQ&t=291s

At 2:38, you can clearly see that GoPro MAX's stitching isn't great when you look at his hand. Now, am I trolling? Certainly not. 

GoPro MAX Vs Insta360 ONE X Comparison Table https://best360.camera/gopro-max-vs-insta360-one-x/ Insta360 ONE X + FREE Invisible Selfie Stick Offer http://bi...
Highlighted
Explorer

Wow, thanks for the video showing how much better the MAX is, especially with "Blending the exposures" which is the most important aspect of blending stitch lines.

I never said you WERE trolling. I simply asked IF you were.

The Bottom stitch line of the Max does need some work, however I'm not sure that ever will be as good due to the wider body and distance of the lens from the bottom of the camera.

AGAIN, the camera hasn't even been out a month yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfxmwE2980E 0:56 3:34 wow, that stitch line is nice! (but, but, but "Insta360 has no issue since the beginning)
Highlighted
Tourist

I guess you are trolling then.

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

Well, I am honestly trying to answer your questions, but yeah, I might find your statements like "STILL bad" (as if it's been awhile now instead of less than a month from the camera release) and "seriously bad compared to Insta360 cameras" (which it most certainly is not "SERIOUSLY BAD") to be overblown and exaggerated.

Of course, we (the GoPro community) have no idea when (or if) GoPro Max will get an update or what features, improvements, enhancements it will bring. So, with that clearly not being something you expect to be answered (although I did by stating, "GoPro usually releases 3-4 updates in the first year of their camera releases to improve performance") the only thing left of your question is:
"Video stitching is still bad"
and
"In-camera stitching is seriously bad compared to Insta360 cameras."

i addressed the first part, "Still" by pointing out the camera just came out less than a month ago.

I disagree with your second point, although when looking at the bottom stitch line, I'll agree the Insta 360 Once X is better. However, since blending exposures is one of the most important aspects of blending stitch line (and you graciously provided the video stating that Max is better at this), then it may be that MAX is most certainly NOT "Seriously bad". Obviously this is an overstatement on your part. Combining these exaggerated statements is what makes you appear to be trolling.