Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Video stabilization

[ Edited ]

yah , i don't understand why the gopro , without EIS is so shakey, my phone with its EIS turned off isn't as shakey (lumia 950).     i'm hoping they can fix it somewhat with new firmware.

i also wonder why there is no 4k = non fisheye mode.   Its kinda a pain to go into premire and fix it for every video.  outdoors i don't mind it, but indoors fisheye is a bit much.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hey robert1326,

Come to think of it, most of the jumpy shots were taken at night. And I guess I'll invest on a gimbal soon. We have one here (Karma plus Grip) for just $620. But I'll try to master the Hero 6 first (it's my first unit).

Highlighted
Hiker

good luck keith, its my first gopro unit too, i really wish they could work out the EIS on all resolution modes.  might be somewhat usable on 1080p.  But at 4k its just not usable right now so i have to use a gimbal.  The only time i shoot below 4k is when i want to do slow motion. I have the feiyutech g5 v2 gimbal (didn't get the karma due to noise and no removable battery).  I need to get he karma ring accessory so that it can attatch to other things like the seeker backpack.  But so far its pretty good and only 199$

Highlighted
Hiker

Hey prose16343,

I'm actually just saving up for a laptop that can edit 4k. Meanwhile I'm just shooting and practicing. I was hoping to buy a gimbal at a much later date. Frankly speaking, I got the Hero 6 thinking I won't be needing a gimbal at all. I'm also getting accessories piece by piece like telephoto lenses, mounts, stuff like that. Hopefully they'll get the EIS issue fixed before the holidays.