Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Video quality better at 1080

Can I ask a quick question. I shot video on my GoPro nearly always at 2.7K, 50 fps, linear with Pro Tune on, here is a video I shot on our isolation walk where we live with these settings:

https://youtu.be/Wz8yUpEa15s

Today I had to make a video for work so the children cold distance learn and they needed instructions so for space I turned the resolution down to 1080, 50fps, linear with pro tune on, so basically the same settings but at a lower resolution.

I was blown away at how much better the video was at the lower resolution!

So am I doing something wrong with my videos? If I process my videos I normally use Power Director 14 but for the linked video above I used GoPro Studio to see if that made a difference.

Does anyone else find this as in 4K or 2.7K I'm struggling to get the same video quality that I see being advertised by GoPro in their promotional videos.

Thanks in advance

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Video quality better at 1080

If i share 2.7K or 2K7 its not going to be  that on youtube as they lowered  to HD1080P and will not upconvert to 4K.   Just saying.  Possible the render of PD14  the  mbits is lower and should be changed. no talk of what you rendered with PD14Untitled.png