Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Video only

Can the video function on the Hero 8 be locked so that when I attempt to turn the GP on from the function button at the side I don’t accidentally switch it to photo instead of video when on my motorcycle with gloves on? The gloves are very cumbersome and I don’t want to have to stop the bike and remove them to be able to operate it as I would like. I took photos today thinking I was taking video.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Video only

Try using the smart remote, it's got much larger buttons and it's easier to use if you have thick gloves on.

Highlighted
Hiker

Yep I am aware of that but it doesn’t work with the media pod and external mic. Unfortunately, I don’t know why GoPro continue to release products that don’t work to their full capacity.
Highlighted
Nomad

I take it you mean the Media Mod?  I've just put the media mod on my GoPro Hero 8 black and then managed to operate the whole thing using my smart remote.  

I then powered it off, plugged in my external mic to the media mod, and then once again powered it one and operated it via the smart remote.

So I'm not sure why you don't think the smart remote doesn't work with the media mod and an external mic when it clearly does.

Highlighted
Hiker

Maybe you are one of those who were lucky enough to have got a combination that’s works out of the box, mine did initially but doesn’t now. So I hope for your sake you don’t suffer the same fate as I have. I have put all mine back in the box locked it in a draw and gone back to my reliable 5 and the mic adaptor as I am sick of wasted videos and time. At least I know with that set up I will have workable video at the end of my rides.

Highlighted
Nomad

Since I'm on the forums daily, i honestly haven't seen anyone have issues with the media mod, Hero 8, external mic and smart remote combination.

Seems a bit dramatic to just throw your new acquisition in the drawer, especially since it's all still under manufacture warranty.  Why not just use the "Contact us" option at the bottom of the page and ask for a replacement?

Highlighted
Adventurer

Send it to me free of charge if you are tossing it in the draw.   

Should you not set the camera  default mode to video, and when you hit the  mode on no  matter the  media mod or camera it be defaulted to  whatever video profile????