Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Video looks terrible when uploading to youtube from GoPro Hero 7 black

[ New ]

I tried uploading a video clip straight from the camera to Youtube and it comes out looking terrible!  I am using a Hero7 black.  I never had this issue before with my Hero5, only the Hero7.  I shot the video at 1080, 30fps so there shouldn't be any issues with processing.  Any ideas or do I need to send the camera back?

Here is a link to the poor quality video unedited right from the camera... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMkE_UBNcok

Notice the pixelation and blocky video

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Explorer

Re: Video looks terrible when uploading to youtube from GoPro Hero 7 black

[ New ]
Yeah, YouTube does a number on high bitrate videos.
Nomad

[ New ]

I can't speak to the direct-uploading,

But I can tell you that my workflow consists of editing (in Corel Videostudio) and exporting my 1080p videos at 20 Mb/s and then uploading to YouTube. With that work-flow I am happy with the resulting quality on YouTube.

Hopefully GoPro / YouTube can sort it out, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I've been waiting years for Quik to be part of my workflow but it still isn't quite there yet.

Tourist

[ New ]

export 4K at a constant bit rate of 100Mbps using your NLE