Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Video Time stamp not correctly importing

Ok Guys, I’ve just spent 2 or so hours to support trying to resolve a time stamp issue on my GoPro Hero 7 when importing videos to Mac or ios photos app.  Eventually they said they’d replace the unit.  I remained unconvinced the union was ‘broken’ so did more research.  Check out the thread here https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Session-5-incorrect-time-on-videos/td-p/21929/highlight/false (all 16 pages)

This is the exact same problem I am having.  I can also confirm the issue exists on my Hero 4 black.

There is a problem during the import stage that appears to prevent Photos on mac and iPad from correctly importing the time stamp.  It appears to double the GMT variation in my case.  I am at GMT + 10 hrs and the videos are time stamped GMT + 20 hrs.

There is a very big problem it is costing GOPro money in unnecessary support time and init replacement and is very inconvenient.

Please gopro support read the entire session 5 thread, do you own testing on current units with nac and/or ios and fix this issue.

James