Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Video Quality on GoPro Plus Web Cloud site only plays back at 1080p?

I uploaded a 2:30min video recorded at 4k 60fps from my gopro hero 7 black to GoPro Plus via web browser. When i go to view the video on a web broswer, it only lets me view it at 1080p. It does give me the option to download the video at original quality (2160p) or compressed quality (1080p). I thought go pro plus does not degrade the quality when it uploaded? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Video Quality on GoPro Plus Web Cloud site only plays back at 1080p?

Hi @sythonhs4022

Files will be saved to the cloud both in it's original resolution as well as with a compressed copy limited to 1080p resolution.

You have the option to download the original or compressed file from the GoPro.com Media Gallery. 

However, when streaming from the cloud or downloading via GoPro App/Quik for Desktop, the 1080p copy will be downloaded.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hi @sythonhs4022

4K videos would be listed as 2160p as the their video resolution is 3840x2160

For reference, you may check Video Resolutions for HERO7 Cameras

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006 I dont even see the option to view my uploaded video on the gopro plus website as 2160p. The best resolution i can view it at is 1080p. I can however download the video at 2160p, which is what the video is recorded to.

What im saying is, I thought i'd be able to upload my gopro footage to gopro plus and then just share the link with someone to where they can view it online at full resolution (like what gopro plus claims it does) without having to download it to their device to get the full resolution. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @sythonhs4022

Files will be saved to the cloud both in it's original resolution as well as with a compressed copy limited to 1080p resolution.

You have the option to download the original or compressed file from the GoPro.com Media Gallery. 

However, when streaming from the cloud or downloading via GoPro App/Quik for Desktop, the 1080p copy will be downloaded.

Thanks!

Ej