Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Very very disappointed with GoPro

[ New ]
I’m turning 45 and bought quite a lot of stuff in my life. I’ve seen my share of bad, but GoPro is by far the worst I’ve ever seen.

1. Crappy products. I understand that technology has its challenges especially as you make it more sophisticated. I’ve had 4 generations of GoPro cameras by far. Each of them had its own issues from resetting randomly, blocking, connection issues and others. With the products from other producers it does happen occasionally but not as a rule.

2. Customer support is practically nonexistent. You have to try hours each day for one week to get contacted and then they just deliver a scripted useless message. I compare that to almost any other electronics company I’ve bought stuff from (Amazon, Apple, Dji, Sony etc) where the response is immediate and effective.

3. Scam-like attitude. Bought the hero 9 black, order was not delivered (but money collected, subscription running...), GoPro taking forever to “investigate” what happened internally. And apparently Gopro does this to quite a lot of people. Compare that to any other electronics producer and retailer where they are shipping another item or refunding INSTANTLY in similar situations.
Hiker

Re: Very very disappointed with GoPro

[ New ]

Absolutely agree.  I have bought several GoPros in the past, and this is by a long way the worst product I have ever bought.

The major issues I have a case open for are:-

GPS issues

WiFi 5GHz issues

Scheduled Capture not recording anything

Dual Battery Charger never charges beyond 94-95%

Touchscreen issues when not holding Hero9, ok if physically holding the Hero9.

Promissed by support, feedback on these issues within 48 hours, but not holding out for an answer, so will prbably request a refund.

Taken 3 days just to get someone to call me back, not really priority as a GoPro Plus subscriber.

It looks like the units that are selling are very different to the YouTube'rs have or internal staff use, as I cannot believe that all of these issues were not noticed by the likes of DCRainmaker etc.

Hiker

[ New ]
At least you got a camera. Indeed the failure rate among gopro’s products is skyrocketing and way beyond what’s acceptable. The problem is they have so many fails that they can’t keep up with replacing them.

Anyways in my case they just took the money without delivering a camera, which apparently is another thing they do very commonly. Looking through this forum it seems that “scam” is very popular now among posters. Potential buyers beware, it’s very likely you’ll be either taken the money without getting the product or end up with a defective product that you cannot exchange. If you really want GoPro buy from Amazon or someone else as you can still get your money back in the likely case that the thing won’t work. But even better advice try to stay away, there seem to be much better alternatives now.
Hiker

[ New ]

@redrange56720 wrote:
At least you got a camera. Indeed the failure rate among gopro’s products is skyrocketing and way beyond what’s acceptable. The problem is they have so many fails that they can’t keep up with replacing them.

Anyways in my case they just took the money without delivering a camera, which apparently is another thing they do very commonly. Looking through this forum it seems that “scam” is very popular now among posters. Potential buyers beware, it’s very likely you’ll be either taken the money without getting the product or end up with a defective product that you cannot exchange. If you really want GoPro buy from Amazon or someone else as you can still get your money back in the likely case that the thing won’t work. But even better advice try to stay away, there seem to be much better alternatives now.

I believe in the UK GoPro no longer allow a lot of retailers selling the Hero9.  Park Cameras informed me on the weekend that they were not allowed to sell the Hero9, and you had to purcxhase direct.Although I do see it for sail on Amazon UK finally, but none of the major UK photo retailers.

As you say, at least I got mine, in fact I received it and the MAX Lens Mod within a couple of days of ordering.