Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Very pissed

[ New ]
I’m so pissed at how Gopro is treating me. I used the trade up program to get 100$ off the hero 8 , it’s being offered at 299$ with a with a SD card , found out today that that offer dosen’t apply to the sale price, so I payed for a hero 8 at 400$ with no SD card and then the discount is applied after they received my trade up bring the total to 329$ with no SD card , what kind of crap is this? I want my camera that I traded in back !! You have two conflicting deals going on at the moment and your screwing customers that are trading in there old cameras.

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Very pissed

[ New ]

GoPro lists it's terms and conditions on the tradeup deal.  The state you don't get a free SD card with the tradeup deal.  Your trade in camera will not be returned.  Offers cannot be combined.  Just because you didn't read the terms and conditions doesn't mean they don't apply.

You should have done your math before you purchased.  If you had, you would have realized that the tradup deal is based on the original price of the camera whereas the outright purchase price of a camera has now been slashed so much that it makes more sense just to purchase.  

In future do your research before you purchase.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

[ New ]

Did you record your tears?   Try doing some research when shopping. Its not their fault you missed a sale.

Tourist

[ New ]
Didn’t miss the sale, Both are going on at the same time.
Adventurer

[ New ]

So when you go get gas for the car,   some eats for your self ata place..  Do you simply go in and had hte creditcard over and say fill me up without looking at the menu????  

Adventurer

[ New ]

I understand, we all think GoPro owes us.   So yeah   as you check out , it says  what you ordered, and you  made sure  that was what you wanted., if not you simply  close out the page.   We then found our way here to say its not  this and that.     totally undersrtand if its not a fair deal do not get it.  always check out thye options.

Nomad

[ New ]

GoPro lists it's terms and conditions on the tradeup deal.  The state you don't get a free SD card with the tradeup deal.  Your trade in camera will not be returned.  Offers cannot be combined.  Just because you didn't read the terms and conditions doesn't mean they don't apply.

You should have done your math before you purchased.  If you had, you would have realized that the tradup deal is based on the original price of the camera whereas the outright purchase price of a camera has now been slashed so much that it makes more sense just to purchase.  

In future do your research before you purchase.

Adventurer

[ New ]

I am sure they know so Lol

Tourist

[ New ]
Just amazing that you have to read the fine front to buy a stupid camera.
Nomad

[ New ]

The camera is excellent actually, the decision to do the trade up deal was stupid.

You need to read fine print when buying a car, buying a house, getting a loan.........   otherwise you have no idea what you're signing for or what you're agreeing to.  Luckily buying a camera doesn't contain anywhere near as many clauses or things you need to adhere to.  They also list the main points right on the page and not just in the terms and conditions.

Adventurer

[ New ]

if the gopro was Free you still argue about it. Lol

Tourist

[ New ]
You lots of help, thanks for your understanding.
Nomad

[ New ]

We understand that YOU made the decision to do the tradeup deal.

YOU didn't do the math or read the terms and conditions of what YOU agreed to.

YOU made the mistake.

That's the understanding part.  The help part is what we've tried to give you here by letting YOU know it was YOUR mistake.  That in future YOU need to do your homework and YOUR math first.  It's that simple.  GoPro didn't screw you, YOU screwed YOU.

Has it been 30 days since you bought the camera?  If not, return it and get YOUR money back.