Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Very choppy HVEC videos

Recently, I bought a GoPro Hero 6. I also bought a

SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSDXC (UHS-I Card - SDSQXAF-128G-GN6MA) from Amazon. The video for 4K 4:3 with 30fps is very very chuppy. It's like it took a few photos not a video. I attached the file. What's wrong here ? Is there something wrong with the camera? please help, I have 1 day to return the camera.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Very choppy HVEC videos

most likely the limiting factor is your laptop/computer/software that you are loading the videos into when editing.

I can't even import h.265 videos due to having an old laptop. Currently in the process of getting an updated one.

Just a thought though. The format you're recording in does require that codec (the h.265) but you still may be limited on your RAM, processor, and/or other things. Video being choppy doesn't sound like a camera issue unless it looks that way when looking into the back screen of the camera.

Good luck and hope you figure it out.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Very choppy HVEC videos

It looks fine on the camera itself. I have a MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) with 4HZ RAM and 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5. Graphics 

Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB. And I upgraded the os to the Higher Sierra. Does it need a better laptop ?