Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Very bad rendering quality

[ New ]

Hello,

I have problems with my Fusion videos and pictures, because after rendering, quality is very bad, pixelated. I tried all options, but seems nothing is working well for me. Any ideas?

Im using IOS HighSierra 1.13

Hiker

Re: Very bad rendering quality

[ New ]
I want to mention, that root files are good, quality destroys only after rendering. Im rendering from HDD
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @grandtree4536

What version are you using(camera and app)?

Is it just the first time you have noticed this? Was it working fine previously?

You may also try the beta version Fusion 2.0 Beta Update for your GoPro Fusion

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

I tried on both app versions and same thing. Camera had original version in it and I already upgraded to never one, but still nothing changed. Im using SanDisk Extreme cards. When I tried to stich on my mobile, then quality was very good, but I have no mobile anymore and can't do it like that. Im trying to solve out, but nothing is helping and I see Im not only one here like this. 

Nomad

[ New ]

Can you upload one of your rendered files to YouTube and post the link here?

Also, what render settings are you using in GoPro Fusion Studio? (easiest way to see this is when you add a file to the render queue, click on it and it will display what options are being used).

Hiker

[ New ]
I can't explain this one. I just tried to render, and videos coming out very good quality, yeaaaahhhhhhh!!!

Last week I did so many renderings, etc. and quality was very very low, like some of the people posting on YouTube, but after my post here, quality changed to realy good. Must be buggy software or something.
Hiker

[ New ]

Hi,

I am having the same problems with the camera. It just doesn't seem to be giving the quality of footage I'd exspect. I've attached a link to one of my attempts. -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlomhHqdJBQ

This was shot in 4K (was going to use DaVinci resolve to keyframe and colour) produced with Fusion studio 1.3 with camera firmware 1.8. I'm going to try 2.0 and 1.4 beta's next.

Any help would be great. 

Nomad

[ New ]

So it's not possible that your clip was shot in 4K as 4K is not a shooting option on the GoPro Fusion.  You only have the options of shooting in 3K or 5.2K (running Firmware 1.8) and 5.6K (using firmware 2.0).

When you stitched the video in GoPro Fusion Studio, was output options were selected?

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

Sorry it was stitched in Fusion studio with the 4K option selected for Davinci Resolve. This as you said has fixed the missing part of the sphere. 

Doesn't seem to matter what I do, the quality of the videos are very poor compared to what I'm viewing on YouTube. That includes on my Mac before uploading to YouTube 

Nomad

[ New ]
Most likely the ones on YouTube were made using either premier pro or the paid version of DaVinci resolve which allows higher resolution rendering.
Hiker

[ New ]

I understand that. Videos stright from Fusion studio veiwed on a VR player are aslo of a poor quality. Thats my biggest problem. There isn't a great deal of things that can go wrong. But as said they are not good. 

Nomad

[ New ]

What settings are you using as your export settings on Fusion Studio?  Quickest way to find out is to put something in the render queue, then click on it and it will tell you the exact settings there.

If you're exporting at 4K, that's a resolution drop right there.....