Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Very Long Time Lapse Car Journey - Advice please

Hello All,

I’m doing a 10 hour drive to the alps. I have a number of practical questions about power , settings , using the suction cup mount , and a few other tech questions - can anyone help ?
Nomad

Re: Very Long Time Lapse Car Journey - Advice please

Question about 10 hour car videos. 

Do you edit them and watch them, upload to YouTune or?

What about using a remote to control a few of them?   Just recording if something interesting comes up

Or at least using the remote or voice command to tag "good spots".

You definitely want to practice a few times at a casual time to try out different mounting locations and so forth.

Sightseer

Hi Stanley ,

Thanks for replying. My children and I are headed skiing for Christmas. I was going to take a timelaps on the way out but was intending to make an overall video length of 3-5 minutes. Can I plug the GoPro into my car and just let it run off the 12V preserving the battery.
Nomad

Sure with an adapter to USB-C with adequate oompth.   Or use an external battery back.

I generally yank the internal battery for long captures and run off the external alone.  

PRACTICE a few times with your desired settings and look them over and try again before the big trip. 

Try things out instead of watching YouTubes - far more effective.