Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Very Dissapointed in Poor Customer Service

[ Edited ]

@danielr15 GoPro can put this all to rest and jump in this thread and explain what's happening and denounce my claims and the claims of other posters.   A phone call to provide status and thus reassurance will go a long way, and at the very least, GoPro can refund money spent on products that were never delivered to customers.  GoPro has decided it's not in their best interests to do any of these actions.  

Highlighted
Tourist

@vitaljump225 

GoPro has a difficult task in maintaining a large company built around an action camera.  They've expanded to cloud services and of course continue to push accessories, but the fact remains, in time, an iphone will serve as an action camera as they become more durable.  GoPro has a few options including shrinking, selling and a company such as Canon can add the action camera to their expansive line, going bankrupt, improving their action cameras to be more vlog worthy, etc.  

GoPro was put on life support in 2017 but the Hero 7 sales helped a bunch, but then the company flatlined again even after a couple hedge funds got involved this past winter/spring.  I am a fan of GoPro and I want GoPro to succeed.  I hate their customer service and those in charge of customer service probably need fired.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Jesus... the children have run loose...

@livingadaptive I don't work for GoPro but I am a GoPro customer waiting for my camera.  Maybe you don't see it but you're acting like a child.  My willingness to point that out doesn't make me a GoPro shill...

Highlighted
Tourist

I’ve had the same run around. Customer service is based out of the Philippines, they have no clue. They refer to a “warehouse” on the other side globe. Totally useless.
Highlighted
Tourist

I agree with @vitaljump225. GoPro could easily address this issue MUCH better than how they are handling this. It doesn’t take that much time to address their customers with an email or some kind of explanation. I have ZERO sympathy for them “maintaining a large company built around an action camera”. Boo hoo. Their customers and how they treat the people who shell out money for these cameras should be top priority. Communication is not that difficult and nowadays it is especially easy because of social media. There is no excuse for the piss poor way this has been handled. I’m leaving this morning for my vacation without this camera and I have been told for a week that my camera is sitting in the warehouse ready to ship. It’s just waiting to be picked up by the carrier, which is a total lie. A month ago they promised the shipping on this would be expedited. I really do not expect to see this camera again and I have no idea how to solve that problem because I can’t get through the firewall of ignorance to speak with someone who isn’t brain dead. Customer service has no idea what is going on and powerless to do anything but read to you the BS story fed to them by GoPro. They have lost this customer and I will tell this story of poor service to anyone who will listen. THIS is why they will tank and they deserve to go under if this is how they operate.
Highlighted
Tourist

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Highlighted
Hiker

Voleurs
Highlighted
Tourist

Thieves, indeed. Many people have sent cameras in for replacement or trade and will never see those cameras again, I fear.

To show you how disconnected GoPro is from their customers and customer service, I just got this message from GoPro commending me on what a good job I’m doing commenting on this thread. CLEARLY, they are not reading this thread. This made me laugh just a little. I am furious over this camera and I have unloaded on every customer service person I have spoken with this past month. What actions can we take if GoPro does not produce these cameras?E606E4DB-1E17-43A8-95A1-475FE399C2C5.jpeg