Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Very Dissapointed in Poor Customer Service

[ New ]

Placed a trade up order for a Hero 7 on Tuesday of last week, got my details straight away for posting on an old camera as part of the deal. I sent the old camera away to the Netherlands as directed on Wednesday of last week and it arrived at the Netherlands on Friday of last week. i am based in the UK, so everything seemed to go great.

Then on Saturday I get the following email from GoPro :-

Dear GoPro customer,

We are contacting you because the fulfillment provider for your GoPro order is currently experiencing a system outage, which may delay the delivery of your order. We are working closely with the provider to address the outage and we will inform you when they are back online or when we have more information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
GoPro

I cannot get any tracking information from the GoPro website. So I called GoPro yesterday and had an internet chat with them this morning. they cannot tell me when the system problem will be resolved and they have no idea when my order for for the Hero 7 will be delivered!!!!! 

From a customer perspective, I have paid money and returned an old camera as per the GoPro trade up process so the problem sits squarely with GoPro and not me as the Customer yet it is the Customer/Me who is being penalised!!!!!

You would have thought that a responsible Company would make arrangements to send out the camera because they have my payment and have confirmed that an old camera has been returned by me and I met all the conditions that GoPro set. However, I am being made to wait for the Hero 7 whilst Go Pro sort out an internal issue. This is nothing but shockingly bad customer services!!!!!!!!! 

Regards

James Wright

GoPro

Re: Very Dissapointed in Poor Customer Service

[ New ]

Hi @jamieandangela,

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured, we're working deliberately to get the issue resolved as soon as possible. You should be receiving an email once the order is updated. Your time and patience are very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Hiker

[ New ]
How kong is as soon as possible?
Tourist

[ New ]
What's more disappointing is there is no indication of fulfillment issues anywhere on the site meaning more and more people are facing the issue. It looks like it's been going on a while.
Hiker

[ New ]

Very good point..............why is there no mention of this problem on the website?

Tourist

[ New ]

So, GoPro has our hard earned money, is - or will - not be able to ship the orders and is only answering with CTRL+C - CTRL+V.

veeeery poor for a hipster_we_are_so_cool_and_surfer_buddies company.

I have to fave it. My money is gone and my old GoPro Hero 3+ is gone

Nomad

[ New ]

I contacted GoPro support and spoke to a manager on the phone yesterday. The "supply chain outage" has been going on since June 17th. I was NOT notified of the delay in my 2 replacement cameras that I've been waiting on for 2 weeks. It seems like something really strange is going on at GoPro. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same problem. 14 days is today. I called yesterday to be told the same. But very strange for a big company to have an outage for 9 days now.?. I stupidly bought all new accessories in advance as well, as my go pro 4 is different and I have lost my original go pro to Go pro through thr trade up. I have had no communication from them. It miffs me when I have to chase them to find out what is going on.

Tourist

[ New ]

Same here.

But I ordered all the new accessories in advance by those Chinese marketplaces like joom and gearbest.

Fun Fact: The goods from China (which takes four to six weeks shipping) will be sooner in my hands than the GoPro.

Nomad

[ New ]

@llloyd007 wrote:

I have the same problem. 14 days is today. I called yesterday to be told the same. But very strange for a big company to have an outage for 9 days now.?. I stupidly bought all new accessories in advance as well, as my go pro 4 is different and I have lost my original go pro to Go pro through thr trade up. I have had no communication from them. It miffs me when I have to chase them to find out what is going on.

And when you chase them down.... you STILL don't know what's going on. :(

Hiker

[ New ]

It is is looking more and more like the Company is going out of business. They have been trading in debt for a while and system failures are being blamed currently and that is because either bills have not been paid or they do not have the resources to get them fixed. 

The sad thing is they should have posted things on the website to tell people they had problems and should close down the sales part until things were sorted. They failled miserably. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Here is a copy of my online chat today after making a phonecall to GoPro and the guy more of less admitted things were looking grim for GoPro and the company was in real difficulty.

Chat Started: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 12:59:08 (+0000)
Chat Origin: English Sales - Lison
Agent Laura Cristina V

( 3s ) Laura Cristina: My name is Laura Cristina. How can I help you?
( 45s ) Visitor: Hi I wish to cancel my order for a Hero 7 black
( 1m 9s ) Laura Cristina: Hi James.
( 1m 26s ) Laura Cristina: Sure. I'll be more than happy to help you with it.
( 1m 44s ) Laura Cristina: May I have the order number that I can check?
( 2m 25s ) Visitor: MP-03532035
( 2m 35s ) Visitor: sorry for the delay
( 3m 1s ) Laura Cristina: No problem. Let me check your order here.
( 3m 10s ) Visitor: thanks
( 3m 25s ) Laura Cristina: Welcome. One moment.
( 4m 36s ) Laura Cristina: Thanks for waiting.
( 5m 6s ) Laura Cristina: Sorry for this order. As of now we are still experiencing a system outage, which may delay the delivery and status of your GoPro order.
( 5m 17s ) Laura Cristina: But no worries, we are working closely with the provider to address the outage and we will keep you informed when they are back online or when we have more information. We apologize for the inconvenience.
( 5m 42s ) Laura Cristina: If you wished to cancel this case, i can request to cancel this order for you .
( 6m 14s ) Visitor: yes I want cancel the order
( 6m 45s ) Visitor: sorry that should be I want to cancel the order
( 7m 12s ) Visitor: please can you confirm the order is cancelled
( 9m 18s ) Laura Cristina: sure. i'll be requesting now to cancel this order for you. can you provide me your complete name and address?
( 9m 36s ) Visitor: James Wright
( 10m 18s ) Visitor: Gave my home address
( 10m 39s ) Visitor: Gave my email address
( 10m 55s ) Laura Cristina: Thank you.
( 11m 3s ) Laura Cristina: Is there anything else for now?
( 11m 33s ) Visitor: can you confirm please that the order is now cancelled
( 13m 24s ) Laura Cristina: Sure. Will inform you via email once the order is cancelled.
( 13m 57s ) Visitor: will that email be sent today?
( 14m 25s ) Laura Cristina: i will not assure you that the order will be cancelled now since we are having a system outage as of the moment.
( 14m 55s ) Laura Cristina: Once the order is cancelled out, will inform you via email moving forward.
( 15m 37s ) Visitor: yes I know the system has been out since the 17 June.
( 16m 46s ) Visitor: i know GoPro are lossing money and have been for a while......is the Company about to go bankrupt?
( 18m 49s ) Visitor: why are GoPro still taking orders when they cannot deliver the orders?
( 18m 57s ) Laura Cristina: I apologize regarding this matter and we cannot comment about that. What i can do for you is to request for the cancellation of this order through our order scheme.
( 20m 20s ) Visitor: yes if you can please, will that allow me to get email confirmation of cancellation today?
( 21m 19s ) Laura Cristina: Yes, will do the request for this but can't assure you that the request will be cancelled automatically.
( 21m 35s ) Laura Cristina: Will email you once the order has been cancelled.
( 23m 11s ) Visitor: we are going round in circles here Laura......are you saying that the systems are not available to allow you to cancel an order?
( 24m 33s ) Laura Cristina: As of now the system are not available to check the order status that's why the process of your request may take time since the system is not cooperating.
( 25m 20s ) Visitor: Did that problem start on the 17 June 2019?
( 26m 47s ) Laura Cristina: With regards to that, I don't have information about system outage.
( 27m 49s ) Visitor: why is there nothing on the GoPro internet site about the ordering issues?
( 27m 50s ) Laura Cristina: Is there anything else for now?
( 28m 55s ) Visitor: you give delivery times on the GoPro website and cannot meet them, this is not right is it?
( 31m 28s ) Laura Cristina: Yes, I do understand regarding that issues. Currently, we are working on it now.
( 32m 10s ) Laura Cristina: We are open to submit your feedback on this link: https://gopro.com/en/us/feedback
( 33m 20s ) Laura Cristina: Is there anything else for now?
( 34m 17s ) Laura Cristina: Hi James, I just wanted to check in and see if you were still there?
( 34m 47s ) Visitor: no thank you
( 35m 8s ) Laura Cristina: Alright.
( 35m 14s ) Laura Cristina: Thank you for contacting GoPro Support today! It was a pleasure chatting with you. Take care!

Nomad

[ New ]

Go do a search online in the business section. GoPro is in the process of moving US camera production from China to Mexico. They have zero cameras in stock to fulfill warranty replacements or NEW ORDERS. I don't think it's right that they're continuing to take orders when they're unable to fulfill them.

Hiker

[ New ]
I cancelled my order and went to Amazon and got my Hero7 next day. I agree why are they taking orders and saying they will expedite for quick delivery when they have no stock? Very poor customer service.
Nomad

[ New ]

@jamieandangela wrote:
I cancelled my order and went to Amazon and got my Hero7 next day. I agree why are they taking orders and saying they will expedite for quick delivery when they have no stock? Very poor customer service.

That was a smart move

Tourist

[ New ]
Same here, Trade Up order placed on June 7, old camera sent in June 11, order status still pending! I get the same answer from helpdesk, system outage, now back online, but huge backlog on their end.
I got offered a 30% off voucher for one camera or 3 accessories, which is nice but also kind of ridiculuous because the Fusion costs now 429€ instead of 629€, with that voucher it would be 440€...
Also, chat support is unavailable to me most of the time.
Very unsatisfying!
Tourist

[ New ]

YES!

I have had that VERY SAME experience. I bought a camera specifically to take on vacation and the battery door would not seal properly. I initially had a prompt response setting up the exchange and now I am told there is a "system outage" and they cannot even look up my case number. I leave for vacation this week and I have many empty "apologies" but no camera to take on vacation. VERY, VERY disappointed that a company this big has customer service this poor. No one speaks English and all they will tell you is this pre-fabricated response. Horrible customer service. I have zero confidence that I will ever see this camera again.

Tourist

[ New ]
I had the same experience. I sent a camera back and it has now been 2 1/2 weeks and I keep getting the same prefabricated reply about a system outage. I bought this camera to take on vacation and I leave this week with no camera. Horrible customer service. I will NEVER purchase from GoPro again.
Tourist

[ New ]

Well,

I have had the same exact experience. I sent a Hero7 Black back for similar reasons and the only feedback I am getting is that they are experiencing a "system outage", which seems very fishy considering how large of a company is GoPro. I bought this camera for vacation and I leave this week with no camera. Looks like this camera may be gone for good. Fantastic.

Tourist

[ New ]

Your empty apologies are worthless. This has gone on for multiple weeks and it looks like there are MANY customers experiencing the same poor customer service. I have zero confidence in this company, at this point. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I think everyone is sick of hearing your "apologies". Get the problem fixed. This is ridiculously poor customer service.

Tourist

[ New ]
Apologies do not make up for poor customer service. We would prefer our replacement cameras returned to us promptly. This business about service outage is ridiculous.
Tourist

[ New ]

If you want to air your story regarding the poor customer service with GoPro then reach out to me below or you can find me on twitter.  At this point, GoPro is taking orders and not fulfiling.  Something major is going on with GoPro right now and I expect the company is near folding/getting ready to be bought.

Tourist

[ New ]
I bought a HERO7 Black and the battery door was not shutting properly. A return was initiated and the camera was sent back to the company 2 1/2 weeks ago with the promise that it would back for my vacation. Now the only answer I get back from their customer service is that there is a “service outage “. No one speaks English and there are no explainations.
Tourist

[ New ]
livingadaptive is that your contact on Twitter?
Tourist

[ New ]

Same boat for me too ! order paced 31 May, after loads of calls and the same replies, I am starting to question how large their technical team actually is becaise I have spoken to the same agents on a numbr of times Ian, Rey. 

Always told leave it 48 hours, guess what NOTHING. 

Called today again (after calling friday and beint told wait 48 hours) to be told wait again its been escallated etc etc. I then questioned the discount as I have seem othres who have had delays and was told this was a managment desision. so I asked to speak to managment but told no one there 

Will see what the next few days bring but looking at th review site its not looking good. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Yep, message me there, I hardly use that account hence why I chose that account for this issue.

I am hearing a lot of things right now and GoPro knows there's an enormous backlog filled with many customers experiencing the same issues.

I imagine this is a systems issue for various reasons and many already know about the financial issues  and these financial issues may in turn be impacting the fix of this system.  For me, I would concerned that GoPro can't protect the data they collect amongst many other issues.  If I gather enough stories then I believe this will be notable enough to pass on to the right connections.  Keep posting below and detail the times you've contacted GoPro, customer rep name, and the reasons GoPro gives for not providing a resolution.

Tourist

[ New ]

BTW, GoPro staff reading this thread, I like GoPro, I've owned GoPro for years.  Your product is great.  Your customer service is terrible.  Stop beating up the little person.

Tourist

[ New ]
I have contacted them no less than 5 or 6 times. Same excuse: “system outage”.
Tourist

[ New ]
I only find one livingadaptive but this looks like a person with some kind of radio affiliation. Wrong account? I’m Natbo70 on Twitter.
Tourist

[ New ]

I am @elpolacopaisa on Twitter,  Have posted various messages to tagging these fraudsters and funnily enough they dont bother to respond.  Have a read of this https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/gopro.com .  European small claims court / legal action against the company has been discussed and at the moment may be the only recourse to get money back

Tourist

[ New ]

Chased again today and given same old story ! 

"After cross-checking, there is no update yet from the team and we are also currently experiencing an external system outage which may delay the delivery and status of your GoPro order."

"We are working closely with the provider to address the outage and we will keep you informed when they are back online or when we have more information. We apologize for the inconvenience."

This is a new one not heard this one before 

"No worries, little by little we are gathering all orders that are affected. Rest assured that this case has also been escalated."

"I completely understand where you're coming from Ian. This outage is our top priority and doing our best to get this resolved as soon as possible."

I wont revceive an email.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I got an email on friday that they fixed the outtage and are back online , a promo code and free express shipping.

Got the shipping confirmation on saturday and a tracking number today the status is still "package ready for ups".

The support told me that UPS already got my package which i do not believe ...

I just hope my camera will arrive this week so i can take it with me on my holiday trip otherwise I´ve waited 3 weeks and do not even get a camera at the end -.-.

I was also so stupid to make another order with my promo code and a free mount, cause i thought everything is running normally again.

But guess what ? no infos for my new order again like the old one ...

Tourist

[ New ]
I had the same Friday. I also ordered extras with the free shorty which all arrived today and my camera is being tracked now which looks like it should arrive tomorrow. I get that everyone is miffed about the delay but I am less than a week over the 14days so I really don't think that is that bad with the free stuff and the additional 30%off. All companies have issues and it would be a massive shame to see go pro disappear. I think, with the level of turn over it would have been difficult to contact everyone about a delay and I feel it's a shame that people seem to be saying they are going under. Give companies a chance to make things right. With the amount of cameras sold they are bound to have issues like any company but I really do think people over react before setting what happens. I also understand that people may have bought it for a holiday but really!, would anyone really leave it so close to going away? This will be my 3rd camera and I will be more than happy to deal with Go pro again. Give them a chance!!
Sightseer

[ New ]
Okay got the same infos like you now , i´m glad she will arrvie tomorrow but still now update about my mount im a fang of gopro i just dont like the poor communication with the customer . support always nice and trying
Tourist

[ New ]

Seriously?  Give them a chance?  On Friday they sent me an email saying the camera was being shipped by UPS express shipping.  Just now I have received an email saying the the status is pending and they have no idea as to when it will be shipped.  They are either a company who is in deep financial trouble, a company who no longer cares about customer service or simply put lying fraudsters, or perhaps a combination of all 3.

I will be calling tomorrow to cancel my order.

Tourist

[ New ]

Can you contact me on Twitter @natbo70? I am not sure the adaptiveliving I am seeing is the correct account.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, this is the same exact response I received when I attempted to chat online and the same BS answer I just got when I tried to call.

Today I cannot even get the chat feature to work.

Tourist

[ New ]
Would you please contact me on twitter @natbo70? I'm almost certain the livingadaptive account I am seeing is the wrong account. Thanks!
Tourist

[ New ]

I do not see you guys receiving your products at any point. I literally just called and communicated via chat and they are claiming the same "system outage" issue. I believe this company is in the process of going under. I would suggest everyone keep their receipts and save via email all chat sessions with GoPro.

Tourist

[ New ]
You won’t think people are over reacting when you do not receive your camera.
Tourist

[ New ]
It's just come up as shipped. I'll let you all know tomorrow. Out of curiosity, what part of the world are you all from? I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.
Tourist

[ New ]
Yes, I would be curious to know if it comes. I am in the United States and I mailed my GoPro back to California.
Tourist

[ New ]

UK - ordered 30/05 

Tourist

[ New ]
Do you know if your camera is coming from California or from the UK?
Tourist

[ New ]
Mine is coming from the Netherlands. Should arrive tomorrow according to ups.
Tourist

[ New ]

Yep, that's me.  I chose that account because I don't use it often and I can get to direct messages easily without sifting.  I think at this point, continue to post your stories here.  Take screenshots just in case this thread is deleted or edited.  Other entities are now reading these stories.  I think you might be surprised.

The calls and emails to GoPro will get you nowhere in terms of response but do very much help in documenting the bad dealings of GoPro.  Management in California are very much aware of these issues and are choosing to not address these issues.  They've been told to keep hush until some things shake out.   It doesn't take much to have a solid customer service representive address these issues.  Furthermore, GoPro has a PR department that can also address these issues.  They're choosing to remain silent.  Outside of social media posts, the company is going silent.  Why?

To me, GoPro doesn't have the ability to fix their system issues.  This may be due to GoPro not having the funds to pay for a quick repair.  I will say that this kind of behavior from customer service signifies that GoPro is preparing to bankrupt or potentially go up for sale.  

Tourist

[ New ]
I agree. To me that is exactly what it means. What should we do l? Is there any hope of getting my camera back? I sent a message on Twitter.
Hiker

[ New ]
Did your Gopro arrive, @llloyd007 ?
Tourist

[ New ]

I am too waiting for shipping confirmation for my go pro hero 7