Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Vertical line - darker half video - Gopro Hero 9 Black

[ New ]
Contando che gopro rilascia un aggiornamento mediamente ogni 3 mesi e che ogni aggiornamento risolve un problema e ne introduce due di nuovi...mettiamoci tutti l'anima in pace
Hiker

[ New ]

@haindash what is weird is that the customer service took the time to discuss my problem offline with somebody else (his manager ? tech team ?), and then told me to return my gopro to have it replaced, because of a "motherboard issue" assuring me that it was not a firmware issue.

Have you heard anything about that ? Maybe it's a combination of both ? In any case a sync up with customer service seems to be needed.

Hiker

[ New ]

@isaakonfire I see this topic is marked as "solved" maybe you should reopen it (or have some admins reopen it) as it's misleading ?

GoPro

[ New ]
@sebchang
Hi,
I don't know about your particular, personal case, maybe there's something different or conjoint issues here.
I know that I am following the vertical line matter and that a fix will be provided firmware side.
Just like the GPS issue was fixed in a firmware update with 1.5.
Hiker

[ New ]

@haindash it was the exact same issue as described here and in other posts and I don't see what else could have led them to believe my issue had a different root cause, unless my serial number being in a list of known faulty cameras but if that's the case then other people may also need a replacement and not just a new firmare.

Anyway it seems like there's a disconnect between different services, and I just hope my replacement camera won't have the 1.50 firmware installed already. I would not feel safe at all filming with it and risking loosing footage again...

Nomad

[ New ]

@sebchang I'm not spending a millisecond on solving Gopro's malfunctions, instead of complaining to the void this post helps people informate them with solutions.

Hiker

[ New ]
If you know how to mnaully update your firmware via a pc, you download the 1.22 version here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=118685d768f557a1&id=118685D768F557A1%21408168&authkey=!AG_dqJDy5yqgNS...

I just installed/rolled back to it on mine. It installed successfully, and I will be trying to shoot some footage with it later to see if this issue is resolved by doing so. The 1.5 version doesn't seem to have a list of fixes that I am concerned with at this point, I just want my footage to record correctly. I'll keep an eye on the next firmware update.
Hiker

[ New ]

I'm tired of waiting for my replacement gopro, being well aware that it won't solve anything (from the comments of people here having tried that and even 'gopro' guys - who are you exactly if you're not from the support team ? - confirming it's firmware related), and the worst part is that we're not seeing any actual signs of commitment from gopro to fix the issue and also provide a fix for the ruined videos made with fw 1.5. A compensation for all the lost time & money & rushes would be in order as well I think.

It's unacceptable to leave us helpless customers ranting on a forum, especially when a simple downgrade to 1.22 seems to revert the issue until a better firmware update allows to provide the other fixes from 1.5 without introducing such a terrible new bug.

I've had my fare share of reliability issues with gopro, but this one is the worst by far.