Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Vertical line - darker half video - Gopro Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

@laureh0  well I've tested the x8 slowmotion in linear, linear+HL,narrow and saw no vertical line. Apart from that I don't know, I'm new with GoPro, but apparently expierenced users now a bunch of problems present in almost.. all the versions?

Oh lord what I'm doing with a GoPro

Tourist

[ New ]
And superview ?
Nomad

[ New ]

@sinay4pegs Superview has always worked for me without the vertical line.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you very much, I'm worried because someone said that it was bad for the camera to take later updates... or even that it took away the guaranty that the camera would be up to date.
Nomad

[ New ]

@sinay4pegs Yeah, well that's something important to take in account, I just saw an old post where the affected user decided to rollback a firmware version and GoPro in two consecutive advices that was giving didn't even warn or disapprove because of the guaranty.

I've read it many times over this forum and others this "rolling back" method but no worries mentioned in that concern.

I guess I'm so used to "rollback" my computer to solve also its problems that I assume is more or less the same, like an operating system of a PC when formatted to scratch all the bugs go away.

Tourist

[ New ]
Okay nice !! Thank you ! Im gonna do that if there isn’t any problem. We juste have to wait the next update...
Tourist

[ New ]

How install it ? 

Nomad

[ New ]

@sinay4pegs you should read the GoPro instructions with pictures and all, it's easy to get lost if it's the first time, all it takes is to acces the instructions is to give your serial code of the camera:

Manual Update
Note: Useful for updating or reinstalling camera software. 

1. Go to the https://gopro.com/en/gt/update/hero9-black
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

PD: note, this is explained in the instructions, but in case maybe the folder to install it's called something else apart from "UPDATExxxx" I believe its important to correct it and edit the name of the folder to "UPDATE" for the camera to recognize the file.