Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Backpacker

Re: Vertical line - darker half video - Gopro Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

@charleyfoto wrote:
Exactly, I see 1.21! And other problem, GoPro says that firmware downgrade is a practice not recommended that may damage the camera and void any warranties. So what to do?
Thank you

is a manual full firmware install... does not matter upgrade sau downgrade.

i would not make an issue. I made many times "downgrade" on hero7 to 9

just me,

robert

Nomad

[ New ]

Yes, it's version 1.21

_ISI7970.JPG
Tourist

[ New ]
Salut merci beaucoup ! Mais ensuite faut-il remettre la 1.5 ? Ou attendre une prochaine mise a jour ? Ou alors la remettre manuellement ?
Nomad

[ New ]

@sinay4pegs I'm not sure to understand your questions; manually installing 1.21 solves the vertical line problem of the 1.5, this means we don't have a faulty camera (hardware) but it's the firmware version 1.5 that is faulty and GoPro should fix it in the next firmware update (above 1.5).

What I've read from experienced users is that this types of problems are usual, so it's better to save this manual updates files whenever a new firmware gives problems, because who nows when GoPro will fix this if by now they don't, what was 1.5 suposedly an update to fix other problems.

Good new year. 

Hiker

[ New ]

This is 1.21, which still has other issues. Does anyone have 1.22 which corrects sluggish touch screen.

Tourist

[ New ]
Nomad

[ New ]

Thank you @laureh0 for sharing! I've installed earlier the 1.22 from another community user that also posted ( https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFX9WjXhYYRmPRob92okPLnKqA1JQ?e=fnWFW2

)  tested and working good without vertical lines.

Tourist

[ New ]

thank's @isaakonfire 

i'll use your's.

i'm nit sure of mine, so if you've test your's......