Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Vertical line - darker half video - Gopro Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

I did change the Antiflicker Hz and it made a difference but after a while, from seconds to 1 minute, comes again (in Linear and Narrow). Noticed that lasts longer when EV. compensation is set to 0, ISO max. to 6400; anything I do to darken the automatic exposure makes the problem appear earlier. Even tried in manual mode and nothing.

Yes, it lasts seconds longer to appear, but its not solved at all.

For a brand new camera its totally unacceptable, when people reach for help here because we all want to keep the product, looked the forum, and is full of this in different problems!!

Everyone knows what is selling a faulty product and its consequences! 

Sightseer

Rif.: Vertical line - darker half video - Gopro Hero 9 Black

[ New ]
È capitato molte volte anche a me....
Di solito quando registro in 1080 a 50 fps e con stabilizzatore impostato al minimo.
Nomad

[ New ]

Hello @nicopasky @marcd85365 @fireyspiri054 @charleyfoto @ncs313 @sinay4pegs @matt-d @grandbluff50661 FINALLY IT'S BEEN SOLVED!

Good news: a person shared me the firmware version 1.22 and I tried it to ensure it's not my camera that's faulty, and it worked, it's a firmware update issue. The lesson of the story is to do manual updates installation in the microSD card and store each update like the generous person that gave me the 1.22

Link to the webpage where he posted the update file: https://www.goproforums.com/threads/lets-note-all-the-gopro-hero-9-black-bugs-and-issues-here.85058/...

If any problem I can always share the file myself.

Obvious bad news: GoPro have still to fix this firmware problem! 

Take care!

Tourist

[ New ]

hi.

thank you for the link. 

i've the same problem, i'll try it tommorrow.

Tourist

[ New ]
A
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks Isaak. Is it a 1.21 or 1.22 you get ? Link is for 1.21

Tourist

[ New ]
Exactly, I see 1.21! And other problem, GoPro says that firmware downgrade is a practice not recommended that may damage the camera and void any warranties. So what to do?
Thank you
Nomad

[ New ]

@charleyfoto Well you don't tell no one I guess? :D It's 1.21? my mistake, it solved the problem for me, the installation was smooth, It's like formating an OS of computer and probably GoPro doesn't responsabilize because 1.2 already had other issues so...

Good new year.