Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Vertical line - darker half video - Gopro Hero 9 Black

[ New ]
Hi,

The team is working on another firmware update, don't have an ETA though.
Hiker

[ New ]
The same garbage response we've been told since December. Shocker.
Tourist

[ New ]

Did not have the issue until now. Some days ago I did some 120fps 2.7K scenes and all of them have a strong vertical line.
Yesterday I also did some 240fps 1080 scenes and of some of them the vertical line is visible and at others not.
I do a lot of 240fps 1080 scenes and till now I did not notice the vertical line there (but I have to check my archives and also if I did some 120fps 2.7K scenes in the past)
For techical information: I have FW 1.52 since it was released (but not for the vertical line issue because this is new for me) I had a serious power on problem which got a little bit better. I normally use "standard" bitrate all of the different scenes adn framerates. I also have GoPro Labs software installed.
What I discovered today is more then annoying: The camera did reset by itself from yesterday to today all my video settings including custom settings.
Dear GoPro supportwhat is going on with the hero9 ??????

Hiker

[ New ]

Sicuro che il firmware LAB sia 1.52 ?

Tourist

[ New ]

You are right - it is only 1.50.72
Did not realize that Labs is setting the firmware back

I did not have the vertical issue before the last 7 days...
I was updating to 1.52 soon after the release in february
About three weeks late I did put Gopro labs on it. (I need the QR for changing settings underwater)
So I was working with this at least from beginning april on without the issue.
Doing about 700 scenes with different settings in this period
Dont know which change of the settings could trigger this behavior - I changed orientation settings which I never touched before
Also noticed just now that a timelapse from yesterday stopped by itself after running for 5 minutes already - this are really wired things going on
I will factory reset the camera and then check again...