Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Vertical line - darker half video - Gopro Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

here the same thing on firmware 1.5

Looks like the left and right are filmed with different settings or something crazy.

I'm starting to get a little dissapointed in the gopro 9 cam. It is an update from my old and dead gopro 3 black.

The old cam has never let me down and the footage was beautiful.

So i had trust in the gopro cam and it was a no-brainer to upgrade to the new awsome full featured fresh gopro 9.

Well......i'm dissapointed, the foto quality is in my huble opinion sh.. and in a darker environment even useless.

So to even make this cam usable for filming i have to put the old 1.22 firmware on it???

I'm a little lost.

p.s. sorry for my english, i'm dutch

GoPro

[ New ]
Sorry for the frustration, the team is aware and a firmware update will be coming shortly.
Hiker

[ New ]

I get the frustrations. I had to tinker with this camera for several hours the first few days I got it to see if manual firmware installs on the 1.5 version would work and what not. None of it helped. The roll back to version 1.22 is the only thing that has been a solid solution for me, but it may not be for everyone because of the features the 1.5 has added. Those features maybe needed for some.

This is my first GoPro camera. After hearing so many positive things about them, I was excited to get it. It's a pleasent thought to have a mobile camera around after having to lug a Sony NX100 camera around all the time. However, my first impressions with the GoPro Hero 9 are not that positive. I know tech can be wonky and updates take time, but this is a MAJOR flaw in one of the camera's most important features. And the feature is recording video. This isn't a small minor issue, this is a major flaw in one of the units basic functions.

And the fact that we have been hearing 'a fix is coming' as far back as December 22nd (that's the first forum post I saw with a GoPro team meber reply in regaurds to it), this is just not acceptible in my honest opinion. I think it is time these hardware and software companies stop rushing junk products out the door with flaws attached to them, just to try and cash grab as much as they can. This seems to be 'okay' because 'updates' can come down the road to fix the initial issues. Updates should be targeted to add new features. Not fix sloppy issues with old ones.

I am going to ride this out and see what the future updates do, but at this time, this will be my first and only GoPro purchase. When the time comes for an upgrade, I am hoping DJI or someone alike will have a solid option to go with.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey GoPro, don't you have QA/QC at all? How could you miss such an obvious issue?

Don't you have developers as well? Why does it take so long to fix it?

I would definitely return it if I could... And switch back to my gopro 5.

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem here. Spent thousands to make a ski film (licensed music and all) with my new 9 and it was a huge disappointment (split screen exposure problem in about half the shots). You would think that by the 9th generation GoPro would have figued out how to make a camera that works. Guess not? Very disappointed. The 8 and 5 are great. Total loss of confidence in the 9 and GoPro. Customer service says to wait for a SW fix. What am I supposed to do in the mean time? I'm using my 9 as a door stop to hold my office door open now.

2021 Ski Trip Line 2.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@royalhero26546, apologies for the inconvenience. This generally occurs when shooting at 1080P/240FPS. Our team is aware of the issue and working on resolving this as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for future updates. We appreciate your patience.

Hiker

[ New ]

No, it happened to me shooting at 1080p 60fps with superview on. Been 'keeping an eye out' for 'future updates' since later December. THis iosn't a small issue. THis is preventing the camera from doing what it is suppose to do.... RECORD PROPER VIDEO.

THis is my first GoPro. It will be my last.

Hiker

[ New ]

While everybody's waiting for the holy post-1.5 firmware update, I'm waiting for the camera itself.

When I reached out to customer service on january 15, for this issue among other (freezes, misleading 'low battery' error message with 20% left) I was told to return my camera for an exchange, because of "faulty motherboard", even though people here (from gopro and customers) all said it was firmware related. Not confident about it at all, but anyway, maybe my camera also had a bad motherboard on top of that ? It was supposed to take approx. 10 days to get a new one, so I decide to send my unit back, I get a confirmation on january 22 that it has been delivered to gopro and that a replacement is coming 'soon'.

February 4th, still nothing, I'm contacting the customer service again and guess what : "your camera was not delivered, it came back to us". Well, that's weird, so we check my address and of course it's perfectly correct, and I'm told that "maybe UPS messed up" ... OK ... BUT WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR TO REACH OUT TO ME AND AND SEND IT AGAIN ?? If I didn't call them, how many more days until somebody figures out that a customer is waiting for his camera to be delivered to him ?

So for now I can't even take pictures with it or downgrade it to 1.22 until a fix is coming.

TERRIBLE Customer service, I'm speechless...