Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Vertical line - darker half video - Gopro Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

Just purchased a Hero 9 updated to 1.5 and there's visible dark line in the middle of the video when recording with 200 fps in linear mode without stabilization. In fact it's half of the video that's darker making a clean cut in the middle with the other brighter half. [ attach image ]

This only happens in this slowmotion configuration I think.

Also, I'm using an eventual microSD card from my smartphone, 16GB Lexar 300x nº10 microSD HC I, don't know if may cause any issues. [ attach file ]

If I go back to the shop they'll just give me another GoPro and I'm afraid the problem persists.

I've seen other people having the exact same issue. This needs to be clarified by GoPro: is it the firmware? A faulty camera? The wrong microSD?

Otherwise could be understood that these cameras are just faulty and leave no other option but to claim back the money.

Thank you.

GX010067_175408195.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Vertical line - darker half video - Gopro Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

Hello @nicopasky @marcd85365 @fireyspiri054 @charleyfoto @ncs313 @sinay4pegs @matt-d @grandbluff50661 FINALLY IT'S BEEN SOLVED!

Good news: a person shared me the firmware version 1.22 and I tried it to ensure it's not my camera that's faulty, and it worked, it's a firmware update issue. The lesson of the story is to do manual updates installation in the microSD card and store each update like the generous person that gave me the 1.22

Link to the webpage where he posted the update file: https://www.goproforums.com/threads/lets-note-all-the-gopro-hero-9-black-bugs-and-issues-here.85058/...

If any problem I can always share the file myself.

Obvious bad news: GoPro have still to fix this firmware problem! 

Take care!

View solution in original post

Nomad

[ New ]

The link of 1.22 firmware that kindly shared a person it's no longer available so I'm uploading it myself: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XBkFlFVla0VbAJJ6cPSCGwbAKMqfuIIf?usp=sharing

Also uploaded a GoPro 9 lens profile for lightroom if anyone is interested: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SPwC4DvYhwOoSos1rkvQS918rjfH0b7j?usp=sharing

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

The microSD card

Image002.jpg
Tourist

Rif.: Vertical line - darker half video - Gopro Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

Capita anche a me, spero si risolva, altrimenti quaesta macchina è inutlizzabile!

Nomad

[ New ]

Hello @nicopasky , for curiosity, what SD card are you using? Is it new? Is the SD card in the recommended specs of GoPro ( https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308 ) ?

Only asking because I suspect my SDcard was already causing malfunctions in my smartphone. And SDcard seems to be indispensable in the updating process which this glitch is related to version 1.5 .

Hope we all get solutions and answers soon enough! 

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello, my sd card is sandisk extreme 64 gb A2
Hiker

[ New ]

Bonjour, j'ai le même problème, les images ne sont pas exploitables...

Sightseer

[ New ]
I have the same issue. And the line shifts left and right as the camera tilts. I'm actually really annoyed with this. It's my first go pro and I feel like I have a dud here.
Nomad

[ New ]

Thanks @nicopasky , that sd card seems pretty legit !