Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Various Fusion glitches - beta firmware or something else (infinite folders, erroneous GPS, etc.)

[ New ]

Hi All,

I've had a frustrating experience with my Fusion in using it for Street View image collection/Panoskin TrailBlazer. I've used it to collecting about 20 miles of data over the course of the last month however I have had a number of problems - seemingly more recently. I'm wondering if these issues are typical, expected for the beta firmware, or have some other cause. Sometimes things turn out fine. Other times it is a complete nightmare! Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Here's a list in hopes it will help us all out:

1. I'm going to call it infinite folders. I took mainly time lapse photos over the weekend. Now today I tried my first video. First of all, Studio says the audio can't be found - but it does in fact process it to the .avi. The crazy thing is the folder structure as viewed in Windows (attachment - top). Inside the 112 folders in this case, there is an infinite loop of the other folders. All of the files appear to be there.

2. Corrupt GPS latitude longitude values. This really makes TrailBlazer choke. The funny thing is it can be limited to certain photos in a timelapse. For example, 415-425 out of 1,000 had erroneous GPS data (attachment - bottom).

3. Even when both cameras/cards show up in Windows Explorer, sometimes Studio doesn't "see" them and allow me to render the files.

4. Sometimes it can take minutes for the cameras/cards to show up in Windows Explorer.

5. Fusion doesn't always (ever?) respect adjustments to the start and end of a video. It renders the whole thing.

6. The camera suddenly stops recording for not apparent reason. I keep the beep on medium and high so I know when to restart.

Is the smart move to just go back to stable software or does some of this point to another problem?

Other details:

Capture3.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Various Fusion glitches - beta firmware or something else (infinite folders, erroneous GPS, etc.

[ New ]

Hi All,

After doing a format and a device reset, I took a number of photos and videos today. The camera behaved fine but I had no luck whatsoever getting Studio 1.4 to connect to the camera and transferred it. I restarted my PC, reinstalled the software, tried different ports, removed the battery. No dice! Throughout this time, the front and rear cameras both showed up and were accessible.

I happen to have access to OSX and installed studio 1.4 and it found the camera and transferred the files on the first try!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

Re: Various Fusion glitches - beta firmware or something else (infinite folders, erroneous GPS, etc.

[ New ]

Hi All,

After doing a format and a device reset, I took a number of photos and videos today. The camera behaved fine but I had no luck whatsoever getting Studio 1.4 to connect to the camera and transferred it. I restarted my PC, reinstalled the software, tried different ports, removed the battery. No dice! Throughout this time, the front and rear cameras both showed up and were accessible.

I happen to have access to OSX and installed studio 1.4 and it found the camera and transferred the files on the first try!