Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Utility drawer on hero 4 silver—where is it....

I have swiped down on touch screen and cannot open this in order to change preferences so that I can connect to wireless. Please help. I’m old and don’t want to give up,

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Utility drawer on hero 4 silver—where is it....

Hi @marges7337,

If you're trying to pair your HERO4 Silver camera with your mobile device, here's the step-by-step pairing instruction:

1. Open the GoPro App:
    • From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
    • Tap on "Add A Camera" (iOS), "Camera" (Android)
    • Tap "HERO4.”
  2. Pick up your camera:
    • Hold the Mode button to power on your camera. 
    • Press the Mode button until you highlight "Setup,” then press the shutter button to select it.
  3. On the app, tap "Continue."
  4. On the camera, complete these steps:
    • Press the shutter button twice to turn on Wi-Fi.
    • Press the Mode button to highlight “Pair,” then press the shutter button to select it.
  5. On the app, tap "Continue."
  6. On the camera, press the shutter button to select "GoPro App."
  7. On the app, complete these steps:
    • Tap “Continue.”
    • Enter the PIN listed on the camera's LCD screen, then tap “Pair.”
    • Enter a name and password for your camera.
    • Tap “Update Your Camera.”  
  8. Tap your camera name to connect to the camera’s Wi-Fi network and you are all set!

Let us know how it goes.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you! Ill print up instructions. Im working off a iphone5, so everything the same? Will attempt tomorrow. Thank you again. Marge
Highlighted
GoPro

@marges7337, yes, it should be the same with iOS devices. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Highlighted
Tourist

Well i tried instructions with no results. When i got to #4, and press the shutter button twice to turn on wi-fi, there is no option to "pair". The word pair never appears on menu of camera. This is where i am getting stuck. Since rhe camera cannot pair with iphone i get error message saying: GoPro not detected. Make sure your camera is in pairing mode. What am i missing??
Highlighted
GoPro

@marges7337, thanks for going through the suggested steps. See if Reset Camera Settings will fix the pairing problem on your camera. Otherwise, the connection issue between camera and GoPro App might be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.

I appreciate your time and patience throughout the process. Let me know how it goes.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your help. I had already done a lot of those things you noted with still zero results. I would have liked the wireless feature but for now, i give up!! Again, thank you for your time. Marge
Highlighted
GoPro

We appreciate your efforts in trying the steps suggested. @marges7337

The best path forward is to contact our Support Team.

Let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

You may reach out to them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej