Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Using the GoPro Hero 6 in a college classroom setting.

Greetings,

I teach several counseling skills classes at a college campus.  At our main campus we have $100,000 + of dedicated video/audio equipment in 10 small counseling rooms that allows students/faculty to both record and view counseling sessions live.  Works well.  We also have a satellite campus that I am trying to create a solution for.  I purchrased two (eventually it will be three) GoPro Hero 6's with the intent of being able to record the counseling sessions so that I can provide feedback.  Ideally, I would like to be able to do this live, as the session is occuring.  Using the GoPro app I can monitor the video, yet there appears to be no way to connect to the audio.  Which from a counseling perspective is vital.  I have looked at several streaming apps, but the process gets muddled.  I don't really want to stream, I just want to be able to connect via my iPhone/iPad and be able to see and listen to the session live.  The Herocast solution seems to be 20k per camera, so that isn't happening.  The GoPro app is so close to a perfect solution, I just need a way to access both audio and video.  Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Using the GoPro Hero 6 in a college classroom setting.

Hello @foggycave10121,

Thank you for reaching out. The live preview via GoPro app only allows video feed during recording. The audio feature is not supported yet. The audio though can be heard during playback even on the app. Would using a TV instead of the mobile device (via GoPro app) be workable? You can connect the camera directly to a TV via a micro-HDMI cable so you can watch and listen to the live view while recording. You can check out details on using the camera with an HDTV through pages 37 to 38 of the manual

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Using the GoPro Hero 6 in a college classroom setting.

Hello @foggycave10121,

Thank you for reaching out. The live preview via GoPro app only allows video feed during recording. The audio feature is not supported yet. The audio though can be heard during playback even on the app. Would using a TV instead of the mobile device (via GoPro app) be workable? You can connect the camera directly to a TV via a micro-HDMI cable so you can watch and listen to the live view while recording. You can check out details on using the camera with an HDTV through pages 37 to 38 of the manual

Best regards, 
Marius