Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Using GoPro 8 with a external power bank

Can I use a external power bank hooked up to my go pro8 with the battery in the camera. What will happen? 

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Using GoPro 8 with a external power bank

I tried to use it with the internal battry in and it kept shutting off. Removed internal battery and it runs ok with external battery only.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Yes you can use the Hero 8 with a Powerbank, added protection would be to purchase a Ulanzi G8-7  for $15.00.  It is not needed but will hlp secure and protect the internal.  For an additional Protection would be the Sleeve so moisture can be off the bat area..

For how it works.  the Battery stays in, turn on and simply record the battery is bipassed, but BUT always that But:

youwill have unlimited record time and will lose a percentage over time.  I tested out for a few  hour livestream and no issues  at all it droped down to 90% while on the 10K Powerbank.

https://youtu.be/4QMR2hhMruc

Thank you for Following and Subscribing and See you on the Next video. All my video's are * * * My Channel is All ages not suitable for 13 and Under, it is n...
Highlighted
Hiker

So what is causing that guy not to work?
Highlighted
Hiker

Can you upload a video showing it happen