Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Using GoPro 7 with an external mic and power supply for recording long distance trips

When you place anythign behind  Glass the heat will increase big time  ac may help but it's not going to get directed on thecamera, because the camera is   not on the vent its in front  of it.  Like said   i ntehvid Iphone  and Sun can simply shut down, same to teh camera

125 degrees F to 135. 

Agree with Dan  ishoot hours on End on a long trip, and  did not have an issue that day till the   10 hours later. my camera gave a few weeks later RMA to GoPro  was a hero 5 Session excessive heat can play a toll.

Tourist

Re: Using GoPro 7 with an external mic and power supply for recording long distance trips

@danielr15

If it takes days, then probably that's not an issue.

I need continuous recording for a few hours, with rest breaks, but not on a regular basis. I won't be using the camera daily. Just on vacation for example or during trips to places I haven't been before. I don't intend to use it as a dascham, that would be recording every time I drive my car.

@fishycomics

10 hours looks fine to me. thanks for letting me know.

Adventurer

@askingaround    I am sure you will do just fine on the trip with the camera and Powerbank it is assurance that all will work out.  Been there and done that wit hteh Hero 3 Hero 4 and hero 5 on cruises. hours at a time .

Tourist

[ Edited ]

@fishycomics 

Once again thanks for the info!

Adventurer

@askingaround wrote:

@fishycomics 

Once again thanks for the info!

@danielr15  do not forget Dan as well, We are the  two  best helpers here. siskil and ebert are they ...  Any questions just ask.    you will do fine for sure  remember the Hero 7 has a short er battery life because you got more UMPH in her