Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Used hero 3+ app pairing issue

Hey guys I just purchased a nice set of hero 3+ cameras.
I plan on positioning them on my rally car. My only problem is when I go to connect the camera to the app the app asks me for a memory maker password. I googled this and the o my result I found was goprohero3 but that didn't work, I tryed a hard reset and I've done this on both camera. I'm at a loss

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Used hero 3+ app pairing issue

Hi @dsmrx

The default password is goprohero.

If it's still not working, you need to reset the password through this link.

1. From the HERO3+ update page click "Update your camera manually" below "Other Ways to Update" to begin.
  2. On the first page, enter your serial number and registration information and then click "Next Step."
  3. On the next page, select 'Wi-Fi Update Only' with the blue check mark and click "Next Step."
  4. On the next page, enter your new camera name and password.
  5. Follow the rest of the on-screen prompts to complete the rest of the update process. 

Once the update is done, proceed with the pairing process again.

Please note that you may need to forget the Bluetooth ID on your phone's settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @dsmrx

The default password is goprohero.

If it's still not working, you need to reset the password through this link.

1. From the HERO3+ update page click "Update your camera manually" below "Other Ways to Update" to begin.
  2. On the first page, enter your serial number and registration information and then click "Next Step."
  3. On the next page, select 'Wi-Fi Update Only' with the blue check mark and click "Next Step."
  4. On the next page, enter your new camera name and password.
  5. Follow the rest of the on-screen prompts to complete the rest of the update process. 

Once the update is done, proceed with the pairing process again.

Please note that you may need to forget the Bluetooth ID on your phone's settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

I tryed the solution they have but Its a bit different on my windows 10 than when they use to do this on what looks to be windows xp still no luck. I get as far as extracting the files. When I download the first file it downloads in the downloads file. When I select extract here it opens the file and destroys the original. I've tryed extracting to the desktop and trying to move the files the same way you would for an emulator but that wouldn't work also. Looks like I'll have to find some YouTube tutorial strictly for Windows 10
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @dsmrx,

It would be best if you'll be assisted realtime by our team. 

Please try to contact our Customer Support Team via phone or chat. 

They can assist you with that. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay