Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Used for less than 1 week and sometimes stops turning on (even battery is full)

[ New ]

Hello,

I purchased the camera to go on a road trip for 6 days to Scotland, the camera works fine but sometimes it does not turn on until I take the battery off and put it back on (battery was fully charged). I have two batteries from Gopro and this problem continues showing up with both of them. It is very annoying as the camera is completely new and it starts showing problems with such little use and taking into account its price I did not expect those things to happen. It is frustrating when you miss filming something it needs to be filmed fast (like being on road) and take accessories, cases and batteries off to make it work again.

Do I have a faulty camera?

Please can anyone help with this issue or GoPro support contact me?

Thanks

Ana

Nomad

Re: Used for less than 1 week and sometimes stops turning on (even battery is full)

[ New ]
same issue with mine I’ve been dealing with this since day one the GoPro hero seven Black had the battery drain and now the eight has this problem although I will say it only seems to happen when using quick capture mode to avoid this turn the camera on manually and off manually and it shouldn’t happen but yup waiting for the GoPro hero nine maybe this will be fixed in the next release
GoPro

Re: Used for less than 1 week and sometimes stops turning on (even battery is full)

[ New ]

Hello @anam16533

What SD card are you using?

What version is your camera on?

See if re-flashing the software will help. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero8-black

Once done, reset the camera.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej