Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Use GoPro video with embeded GPS data to extract GPS data and import video+gps to indoor cycling app

[ New ]
Hello everyone ! I have recorded a string of videos from a 3 hours bike ride and want to upload it to a virtual/indoor cycling aplication (Rouvy, or others) I need to extract the gps data as a separate file (gpx) in order to upload the 2 separately. I would be very grateful if someone could kindly let me know a simple and eficient way to do that ? Thank you !
Nomad

Re: Use GoPro video with embeded GPS data to extract GPS data and import video+gps to indoor cycling

[ New ]
Tourist

Re: Use GoPro video with embeded GPS data to extract GPS data and import video+gps to indoor cycling

[ New ]
Thank you very much irishmanpdx ! It sems to provide a gpx file for each file uploaded. However, only one file at a time is processed, wich implies I will as many gpx files as mp4 fles (22). A 50$ solution is available for multiple files, just for fixing the gps but for fixing gopro shortcomings. I may consider it after checking alternatives. I just can't believe GoPro have the nerve to direct their customers to a payable solution for a feature the latter are buying in the first place. I'l share any solution I can find.
Nomad

[ New ]
I use the GPS overlay software myself and it's excellent. If you contact the creator he may provide a solution for multiple file processing. GoPro themselves don't offer any such software, they only have GPS basic overlays via their app. So if they directed you to a paid solution they were being as helpful as they could be. They could have just said "we can't help you". I have to say, GoPro should probably start working on a desktop app at some stage instead of just concentrating on mobile solutions.